2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this was an autocross event in Louisville KY, it was a while ago but thought I would post some pics of the ride out there. I have sportline springs and KONI yellow struts. It handled great, cant wait to get an RSB. Main problem was the fact that my tire SUCK HORRIBLY. First run was okay, then they turned to ice. Cant wait to get another set. Oh and if your wondering, even with bad tires, I placed 3rd out of 7 cars, two RSX beat me with much much better tires, and not to make excuses but if I had better tires, I am sure I would have beat them... oh well on to the pics. Oh yeah also that RX-7 in front of me was an LS1 swapped RX-7, it was waaaaaay fast!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I punish mine on the cones often. Hankook V12s made a WORLD of difference. Then the rear motor mount went in, even better as I could launch and shift smoother. Just put ont he MS3 RSB, haven't ran on it yet. Tonight (2 weeks on now) I managed to get oversteer when I overdrove a corner, color me shocked!.

As I am watching my mods, I can still rock HS instead of ST. A factory RSB, good but street tires and a motor mount keep me "stock" :)

Next mods will be factory MS3 springs and either factory shocks or Konis. Taking down a handful of Miatas with this setup :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just recently put in a corksport motor mount, it is much better. Cant wait to run with it in there. This year was kind of my non compete year, next year I am going to try and win the ST class.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I punish mine on the cones often. Hankook V12s made a WORLD of difference. Then the rear motor mount went in, even better as I could launch and shift smoother. Just put ont he MS3 RSB, haven't ran on it yet.

As I am watching my mods, I can still rock HS instead of ST. A factory RSB, good but street tires and a motor mount keep me "stock" :)

Next mods will be factory MS3 springs and either factory shocks or Konis. Taking down a handful of Miatas with this setup :)
Just FYI, non oem (or oem equivalent) motor mounts are not legal in stock class. And if you install factory MS3 springs you're far from legal in HS.

·
General
170 Posts
I just want to take a weed wacker and have at that parking lot...nothing to see here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts