2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

'Auto. Transmission Malfunction' warning at engine start-up

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  pat_chua_see 
#1 ·
Got greeted with the following 'Warning Guidance' message (under Applications) after starting my engine this morning. I drove to work anyways (didn't notice anything unusual). After I parked, I turned off the engine and restarted it to see if the below would appear - it did not.

'Auto. Transmission Malfunction - damage to the vehicle may occur if you continue to drive.' » Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

What the heck is this and should I be worried? I've only had my '14 sGT car since Saturday.

(My software needs an update as it's at version 30.00.300 so I'm REALLY hoping an update to v55 would solve this problem.)

Thank you in advance!

#2 ·
If it's still under warranty, report it to the dealer and let them take a look at it. It may have stored a code. Make sure the dealer notes this in your file for a possible later warranty claim.

If not under warranty, I'd keep an eye on it and get it investigated if it recurs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.