2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2014 Mazda 3 2.2D Centerline from Germany. It is without the "button on the door-handle" stuff I am not sure how it is called.

Since it still have the key and the proximity hardware, can the car be coded to auto open and close when I get nearby or leave it? Since I don't have to use the keys for the ignition, it is a hassle to find it from my pocket/bag/anywhere just to push a button to lock or unlock it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
According to the service manuals, there are two separate receivers associated with the left and right hand front door keyless door antenna access buttons. Are you saying your car has those installed even though you don't have the exterior request buttons?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I think I have the very basic model, with just a keyless start/stop system. But for that there must be key sensing proximity sensing hardware

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
The "Sport" or base model only has the push button start... The button-on-door thing is called advanced keyless entry and it would probably be cheaper to trade in the car for one with that function...

I believe you'll need 3 exterior antennas as well as the harness for each one as well as a BCM that has the programming that allows security override when the proper key is detected. Also, if you go to vehicle settings on the infotainment screen and "walk-away lock" isn't listed, you'll probably need to have that function flashed onto the unit or the proper BCM.

Here's an aftermarket solution... I've never tried it.
https://advancedkeys.com/products.htm

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have the advanced keyless entry and I find it a bit hard to trust the auto lock. It usually works, but i now find myself wondering if i heard the car beep as i walk away. There have been quite a few times where i have returned to an unlocked car, even though the auto lock should have locked the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the advanced keyless entry and I find it a bit hard to trust the auto lock. It usually works, but i now find myself wondering if i heard the car beep as i walk away. There have been quite a few times where i have returned to an unlocked car, even though the auto lock should have locked the car.
True, but with this feature you can also push the button on the door and close the car without touching your keys (you can keep them in your pocket). Without button on the door (like the OP says) you still need to get your key out of your pocket and push its close button.

·
Registered
659 Posts
True, but with this feature you can also push the button on the door and close the car without touching your keys (you can keep them in your pocket). Without button on the door (like the OP says) you still need to get your key out of your pocket and push its close button.
Yes - i do find the button useful for sure. ...i was going by thread title on the walk away auto lock feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts