2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make the doors lock automagically when i get far away enough from the car? The car already knows to only allow me to unlock when the key is near. Can't we take this one stop further?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
This car has a "walk away" lock feature that you can turn on or off via the infotainment system. How this works is you get out of your car and when all doors are closed and you're within 2-3 feet from the car, you'll hear a beep. Then as you walk away from your car you'll hear another beep and all doors are locked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This car has a "walk away" lock feature that you can turn on or off via the infotainment system. How this works is you get out of your car and when all doors are closed and you're within 2-3 feet from the car, you'll hear a beep. Then as you walk away from your car you'll hear another beep and all doors are locked.
an if i dont have the infotainment system?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
an if i dont have the infotainment system?
Also curious about this, as my '14 has the old audio system (not the new infotainment syst w/touchscreen or commander knob) as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also curious about this, as my '14 has the old audio system (not the new infotainment syst w/touchscreen or commander knob) as well.
i didnt know the stupid infotainment system had so much functionality built into it. i might end up sucking some cock at the mazda dealer to get them to install it

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
i didnt know the stupid infotainment system had so much functionality built into it. i might end up sucking some cock at the mazda dealer to get them to install it
Same here. I deliberately opted for the "old" audio setup cuz I didn't want to deal w/endless glitches and software updates associated w/the new system. Don't really "need" the auto lock function, but would be pleasantly surprised if such a thing existed on older production models. Still don't want the infotainment/nav unit. I'll stick w/my smart phone and Bluetooth link for now.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hmm, I think the dealer might be able to set it for you by hooking the car up to their computer or something. I think that's what they did on the 2nd gen as they have that option too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts