2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my 2017 Mazda 3 connect system. There is a persistent pop up on my vehicle screen saying audio connected then audio disconnected over and over. This has to do with the Bluetooth audio connection.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android Oreo 8.0. The Bluetooth settings on my phone have call Audio, contact access, message access enabled. I have disabled media audio under these settings because I listen to the radio in my car and when I want a notification from my phone I need it to come through the phone speaker.

In the Bluetooth settings on the Mazda connect system I have only my phone being synced, not phone and audio, so there should be no reason why the two are trying to connect audio over and over

Does anyone know how to stop this annoying pop-up? When I disconnect my phone and reconnect it the issue seems to go away temporarily but then comes back again after the car is started the next time. This manual override should not be the final solution.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm having an issue with my 2017 Mazda 3 connect system. There is a persistent pop up on my vehicle screen saying audio connected then audio disconnected over and over. This has to do with the Bluetooth audio connection.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android Oreo 8.0. The Bluetooth settings on my phone have call Audio, contact access, message access enabled. I have disabled media audio under these settings because I listen to the radio in my car and when I want a notification from my phone I need it to come through the phone speaker.

In the Bluetooth settings on the Mazda connect system I have only my phone being synced, not phone and audio, so there should be no reason why the two are trying to connect audio over and over

Does anyone know how to stop this annoying pop-up? When I disconnect my phone and reconnect it the issue seems to go away temporarily but then comes back again after the car is started the next time. This manual override should not be the final solution.
Also make sure both the firmware for both the phone and Mazda infotainment are updated. Several people have commented on a similar issue on different threads particularly as it pertains to later android versions. As mentioned, there other threads that discuss your issue and it is a trial by error process including just a simple reset of the system.

I use a BB priv (marshmellow) with no issues.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running the latest version on both my phone and in the car.

I'm very disappointed with how many bugs and quirks this Mazda system has and I really hope all this is resolved when they finally bring out Android auto capability.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I deleted completely repaired, still happening. This seems new since my upgrade to Oreo recently.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and upgraded to Oreo earlier this week but have not seen the issue the OP has reported, at least not yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I also have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and upgraded to Oreo earlier this week but have not seen the issue the OP has reported, at least not yet.
Can you disable media audio from your connected device settings on your phone and tell me what happens? When media audio is enabled this is not an issue

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can you disable media audio from your connected device settings on your phone and tell me what happens? When media audio is enabled this is not an issue
Okay in the car now and have disabled media audio. Still not having the issue.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leave it like that for a few days, drive around with it and see if you notice it. Thanks for checking

·
Registered
75 Posts
Leave it like that for a few days, drive around with it and see if you notice it. Thanks for checking
It has been a few days now and still not seeing it happen.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts