2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

One bad thing about getting the newest version of a car is that I'm finding just about every site doesn't even list 2017 as a choice. Normally I would just look up the OEM part # for say a 2016 vs a 2017 to see if they are the same (then I could shop for 2016 stuff), but I can't even find 2017's listed on Mazda sites.

For some things I know we can use 2016 parts, but it sure would be nice if I knew for sure. For example right now, I'm looking for Aero Skirts and\or Mud Flaps and everything stops at 2016.

Another example is I had to back order all weather floor mats. According to the dealer, the trunk protector is the same as a 2016, but the interior mats are a different number.

Anyone find any good sources (hell I'll take bad right now) that can be used to confirm part\accessory fittings?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Pretty much the dealer or aftermarket manufacturers websites at the moment.

I confirmed myself that the premium floor liners were cross compatible as I was able to test fit. The pins lined up and they fit perfect. I imaging the floor mats would be the same too. If they did something as simple as change the logo it will be a different part number...

With that said I'm in the same boat where we have to wait a bit. I need an accessory hitch for my bike rack but waiting to confirm with the aftermarkets if the 16 hatch hitches fit the new bumper of the 17 before ordering.

Also waiting on the rear mud guards to be confirmed as I want to get them. I know the fronts are the same. I've had one dealer tell me the old ones work and one tell me there's a new part number. Not sure if the new part number means the old ones won't work or if the first guys are wrong, so I'm waiting a bit.

I'm in Canada so I've been looking at Mazda Accessories and Parts - Online Shop which is from a dealer in the Toronto area that offers free shipping for online purchases.

******EDIT***** After posting I just saw they updated their listing for the hatch rear mud guards. These guys were the ones who originally had them listed for 17 as well and said they would work when I called. That was a while ago before the holidays now. It looks like they've now learned, confirmed and updated the page to say that they are not compatible for the 17. So I continue to wait LOL.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd think all the accessories, oil filters, etc. from 2014 on would fit.

Ralph

Yeah.. engine parts (maintanance) are the same. It's more for body and add on's. Being they changed the front and rear of the bodies, and the interiors.

Even if you go to our core sites like CS, RB, JBR, etc... they don't specifically list 2017s although I'm sure most of their parts would work.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
17 Posts
Someone on Amazon tried the 3D Maxpider Kagus in their 2017 and it supposedly fits. I'd post a link but I don't have enough posts here yet. :)

I've ordered some and will report back when they arrive.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I used that Canadian sit to look some thing up. Ironically many accessories parts stopped at 2016 but a few did list 2017...so that does seem to suggest a difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got the mats and installed them in my 2017 hatch. I had VW's Monster mats in my Passat and Jetta—which are very similar to the OEM rubber mats from Mazda—and I like these Maxpider mats a lot better. Not having something on the dead pedal was so weird to me.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts