2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5 automatic with 124,000'ish miles. So this weekend my AT light came on. I checked the fluids and it looks like I could use a transmission fluid change. Not nice and colorful, getting a bit greyish. Fluid levels are fine. Check engine light never came on (I am assuming a good thing:laugh2:). There has been some hard downshifts over the past few months, especially on the highway when going to pass someone but I can count them on one hand. My concern is that now I can not use the transmission to shift "manually". It goes to "M" on the dashboard but stays in automatic and drives normally.. Any ideas or hints?

Thanks!!

Bruze11

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe there is a protection in place, that prevents you to manually change gears while the error is present. Have you reading the error codes with an OBD reader and clearing them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have an OBD reader and the closest place could not pull a code (they tried) but it was an Autozone. Going to have to find a better place.. It must be something electrical I would think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts