2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

AT delay going into drive and kicks

15K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  lovemynew3 
#1 ·
Hello all
Maybe someone can educate me so i'll be ready going into the dealers.
So my 2016. 8k Km.
Was driving the other day, while passing another car i accelerated and my transmission jerked all around and a big bump was felt.
From there on if I shift to Reverse (or neutral..) and back to D, there is a 10 second delay a bump and the car jumps starting to drive.
When i try to accelerate the gears jerk all over and again that big bump/kick.

Please tell me it's not my AT dead. Dont want my car ripped apart and put together (its only 6 months old)

* Sorry for my bad English (not my native language)

THANK YOU ALL for any help

#6 ·
Hi. It is low down on the gearbox and requires a securing bolt removing to check the level, there is a set procedure for checking this. The workshop manual is over 10,000 pages,and I think the relevant place is around pages 2000 to 3000. Your garage would really be the best option to check this for you. When I get time I could go through the manual and dig out the relevant info. I believe the manual is available to download somewhere on this site,so a quick search might be in order.
All the best.

#13 ·
Just checked the error codes. P0731. ATF less than specified value:clutch burnt:shift solenoid malfunction.
P0780 Same as above,plus. On/off solenoid malfunction:pressure control solenoid malfunction:eek:il pressure switch circuit malfunction:clutch slippage:ATF leakage from clutch circuit.
So a new tranny is probably the best option as any of the above faults could have been caused by yet other faults not yet discovered.

#15 ·
Funny thing is that I never got a check engine light.
Only leaving the garage there was the check engine light on.
Now after 2 days driving (yes with the bag transmission) the light is back off.
What woukd cause the light to go off ? The gears are all still f**** up.
Wont a flush or just oil and filter change be preferred maybe it would fix this?
Or not take the chance that there is something internally wrong ?

#16 ·
I'm confused about your situation.

I thought you said that the dealer got an OK for replacing the transmission. If that's the case, be happy because the mechanics won't have to tear it down and try to find and fix the problem. Likely the new transmission will be perfect as a new factory unit.

But, your last post seems to be saying the tranny is still acting up and you're wonder what to do about it.

If the dealer is going to change the transmission and you are just waiting for him to get the new unit in and in the meanwhile he's allowing you to drive it as it is, then I'd drive it and not worry about fixing it.

If, however, the new transmission has been installed and is acting up like the old one, then get back to the dealer and have him figure it out.

#18 ·
Thanks for replies.
The car went in today.
Hope all goes for the best.
I was reluctant to have the tranny replace for fear of the car not being put together as a perfectly new factory car.
was wishing for a simple fix.
I asked the dealer why wont you try looking at oil level, the reply was... your tranny is bad, we got a new one boxed ready for you.
so the operation is undergoing as i type :)
I tried looking for this part number.. just to know all is correct.. couldn't find any info. my car is a 2.0.

Attachments

#22 ·
:)

got the car back the next morning.
i'm kind of OCD as i'm guessing most of us are regarding our cars.
so i don't know if its just my mind.
all around i would say the car is as it was.
when i start picking at it, i do feel slight vibrations from the motor/tranny mounts, at stand still, and hard acceleration.
if i hit the shift leaver as drumming on it with my thumb to the music :) there is a buzz from inside, don't remember if it was there before.
when my tranny was acting up my mpg went down a LOT, still hasn't improved. i as at 15 k"m per liter, now at 10.. waiting for the ecu to sort itself out i guess.

i will update, was waiting for things to settle down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.