·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
ASA makes garbage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol great response. Any recommended brands that will give me the same look but better quality?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Powdercoat some stock 10 MS3 Rims. Will not have the lip but the look will be somewhat forked as those ASA rims.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think I might have had ASA rims on my old car, I don't see whats wrong with them quality wise.

Look wise I dont like the ones the OP posted. I see a lot of the people on this board like similar mags, chrome rim, plus different colour spokes inside. This imo breaks up the wheel and makes it look smaller.

I would try to go for a wheel wehre the spokes go straight to the edge of the wheel. I also think that the design of our cars is pretty modern and you need a more modern wheel to go with it.

try this out: Online Shopping > FUJI CORPORATION - Specialty Store of tire, wheel and car accessaries

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ASA makes garbage.
Is this just a personal opinion or can people vouch for that?

How about something like the Enkei EKM3
Enkei Performance EKM3 Gunmetal Painted
- The quality of these rims are much better than the ASA? I like these tho theyre pretty nice i would like the chrome bead thoe.

Powdercoat some stock 10 MS3 Rims. Will not have the lip but the look will be somewhat forked as those ASA rims.
- I got hubbies bro.

I would try to go for a wheel wehre the spokes go straight to the edge of the wheel. I also think that the design of our cars is pretty modern and you need a more modern wheel to go with it.
- I see what your saying. The link to the website was great thanks for that but i didnt see a nice set of black rims that i liked.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i see what you guys are saying with the spoke to the very outside of the rim. Sounds like a good idea because 17inch isnt a big rim anyways so great tip i wont worry about the bead then.

·
Registered
477 Posts
enkei makes very good wheels. some of the best for the money i think. and rota's are also good for the money, but have been known to have paint come off after an extended period of time. my recommendations: shop around on tirerack, look for wheels you like, google reviews, then search around for best pricing for wheel+tire combo

·
Registered
452 Posts
ekm3's are sweet. rolling on them on my ride

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So as the looks of it i need a 16 inch rim which changes things up a little bit.. Does anyone have any thoughts or reviews about this tire?

Sparco Drift Black Painted

Also, i know there is a sensor for the tire pressure measuring.. Im having the tire place balance them, does it cost extra to transfer that sensor or it doesnt have anything to do with the rim/tire. Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So as the looks of it i need a 16 inch rim which changes things up a little bit.. Does anyone have any thoughts or reviews about this tire?

Also, i know there is a sensor for the tire pressure measuring.. Im having the tire place balance them, does it cost extra to transfer that sensor or it doesnt have anything to do with the rim/tire. Thanks.
Those rims are sexy man. I'm having a hard time choosing between enkeis

·
Registered
501 Posts

Sorry for the threadjack, but from the avatar, it looks like you're from CT? Whereabouts?

Back on topic, I'm curious as to why you're going the 16" route...are you keeping the stock tires?

·
Registered
655 Posts
if you like the ASA you could also try a ADR.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the threadjack, but from the avatar, it looks like you're from CT? Whereabouts?

Back on topic, I'm curious as to why you're going the 16" route...are you keeping the stock tires?
No problem im from Southington. And yes i am keeping the stock tires.

is you like the ASA you could also try a ADR.
Great ill take a look thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts