2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new wheels for my J-spec Skyactiv. It's Enkei Pf-01 18x8 et45 + Toyo T1 Sport 225/40. 13000km only and I killed the stock tyres already, lol.
I have ordered a set of 4-piston brake kit and will have it installed in October. Hopefully I will get sport coilover and the MPS spoiler very soon.

Attachments

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
It's RHD but not an Axela? :detective:

The PF01's do look bloody great, people should buy these instead of narrow RPF1's IMO. Which 4-pot brake kit are you buying that's Skyactiv/2.0L specific?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
curious what makes it a J-spec?
The rear bumper seems a bit different to those other Skyactivs I saw on this forum, and it got a 180 speed limiter and a 180 speedmeter, the gear selection display seems different too...........the language on that little screen in the car is Japanese also. The only difference to the Axela is the badge on the trunk, it got a "Mazda 3" badge instead of an "Axela" badge. Not sure about the other differences.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's RHD but not an Axela? :detective:

The PF01's do look bloody great, people should buy these instead of narrow RPF1's IMO. Which 4-pot brake kit are you buying that's Skyactiv/2.0L specific?
I am going to put the 320x24 4-pot kit from Nashin(Made in Taiwan....) on it, did some research on the Chinese websites and seems it's a fine kit.

Just had a run and the handling is a bit different, especially in the corners. The car feels lower and more responsive. It behaves much more aggressive in taking the corners than the stock wheels.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
In fact I think the car looks quite cool with wide wheels, took a new photo today after a bit of morning drive:police:
Your car looks great with those wheels.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Where do you live that you drive on the left side of the road?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I just applied the stupid anti-vibration filter on youtube and the whole video is vibrating like an earthquake with it, lol. Now waiting youtube to convert it back to the original one.:thumbdown 1:

edited: now it's back to normal again....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just bought K&N air filter for my car, and it feels a bit faster at highrev :001_huh 1:

Video of testing again :tank:

2013 10 01 test - YouTube

I have been informed that my front 4-pot brake kit will arrive in 2 weeks, also I have ordered Hawk HPS rear pads, Stoptech SS lines for the rear and will get some slotted discs for the rear. I am really really looking forward to the new mods :sleep 1:

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I'm surprised you can find roads like that in Hong Kong.

(former resident here)

Don't go too nuts on a road like that, there's not much run-off to be had if you screw up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm surprised you can find roads like that in Hong Kong.

(former resident here)

Don't go too nuts on a road like that, there's not much run-off to be had if you screw up.
It's Castle Peak Road (青山公路汀九段 -> 青山公路青龍頭段)

yea.........so I never drive on the limit on such road..........there are quite a lot of bumps............I even saw some Hondas spun onto the wall when they tried to flat-out and got lifted from the bump at 1:17 before entering that corner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts