2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i've been doing some stuff to my car and i would like to share some pictures with you. Love it or Hate it! every comment is welcome.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Looks great. Maybe an idea for ya why not get the fog inserts orange and your emblems orange as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
personally id ditch the orange on the mirrors but regardless its a great color combo! theres a kid around my house that has similar wheels painted lime green, also a good color to consider if you ever want something different

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the comments. i really dont know about adding more orange to the car because is too bright of a color and i dont want it to be the main thing on the car. i was also thinking about the fog light insert but i am not sure. i'll give it a try this weekend.

And yes the green color was also one of my choices but is harder to find so i got the orange.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How the eff did you plastic dip them to look soo damn good?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
idk, i've always been good spray painting. i actually do that for a living. ( paint rims ) but just on the weekends lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here are some more pictures of the rims i've painted including mine.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
those wheels are awesome!!

what did you do to your stock wheels? :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do you use the polyurethane as a brush on clear coat? Just trying to figure out why it's there lol. If it works I might use that to get more gloss for my mirror caps and fog trim.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i used a paint gun for the clear coat. This clear is not that good though. I dont recomend it at all. It takes a long time to dry and is not a hard coat. It wont protect the paint. It will get scrached easy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ah ok. Thanks. I guess I'll just need to do a heavier duty clear on my stuff an just wet sand the shit out of it haha.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks good man. Kinda wish my ride was white instead of red now. I was thinking of plasti-dipping my wheels a dark gold.

·
Registered
53 Posts
idk, i've always been good spray painting. i actually do that for a living. ( paint rims ) but just on the weekends lol
Can you give me any tips on that gunmetal you did on the stocks? I'm not the most talented painter...

I love that color!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 84 Posts