2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I finally had sufficient reason to create one of these.

Athena is a 2010 Mazda3 GT; 6 spd manual transmission; 5-door; tech package; bose/moonroof package; ipod integration kit

Still on the lot and stock as fuck.

Stock profile

Stock rear

First mod: Debadge the "Mazda3" & "2.5" on the hatch door and add "Axela". Wanted to start off with a performance mod :tongue: Also added a SJ Sharks decal on the hatch window.

Tint: 33% front / 23% rears

Custom LED strip lighting in the cargo area

Enkei PF01's installed on 2/23/10

G2 Red Caliper Paint + MAZDA decals

Eibacch Pro Kit spings & SPC camber arms

Tri-Point Rear Sway Bar

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Current mods:
-Rear emblems debadge / Axela badge
-Horn upgrade (FIAMM Freeway Blaster low-tone)
-Red calipers + Mazda decals
-Yellow Lamin-X film on fogs
-Custom LED lighting in cargo area
-K&N drop-in filter
-Window tint 33% front / 23% rear
-Not really a mod, but strong-armed the dealer into not drilling holes for the front plate bracket
-Enkei PF01 18 x 7.5 +45 (17.03 lbs) wrapped in S.Drives ( 225/40R-18 )
-Eibach Pro Kit
-SPC camber links
-Koni Yellows struts & shocks
-Tri-Point rear sway bar
-3m Di-Noc black CF interior trim
-Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Future Mods:

-Pedals
-TWM shift knob
-Redline goods leather shift boot
-door sills
-SS brake lines
-Front lip (GV or M'z Custom design)
-Painted rear valence
-Corksport motor mount inserts
-3000k HID fog lamps

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Okay, so uh... what's the best way to take off the badges? Hair Dryer? Heat Gun? Brute Force?
I would suggest to not use brute force!!! I would say a heat gun would be best, hair dryer would be a close second!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a blow dryer and doubled up the dental floss to make it strong enough so it wouldn't break. Do a search for "debadge", there are a couple threads with detailed instructions and tips.

Thanks Anthony; I think it's BS that they made that switch mid-year and am pretty fortunate to have purchased mine before then.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Hey Argon, I'm thinking of getting laminex fog overlays. Did you have to take the trim rings off to put them on. Or did you take the bumper off and pull the fog lights out from the back.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried doing it from the front and it wasn't working out so I just took the bumper off. I used the how-to on this forum and it was much easier than I thought. I would just do it that way from the start and save yourself the hassle + make it an easier install.

The film doesn't make the light very yellow. I want to supplement or replace it with some Hoen Endurance fogs but they are pricey.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Thanks, I'm gonna buy the blue fog overlays. And take the bumper off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used a blow dryer and doubled up the dental floss to make it strong enough so it wouldn't break. Do a search for "debadge", there are a couple threads with detailed instructions and tips.
thanks for the reference and for giving me a clue! Thanks to CS as well!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice job on the cargo area, nice job on the car overall. The lighting in the trunk is awesome!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
LOL, I have been waiting to see these things on the car. You should have charged us or something.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Missed my initial appt with America's Tire and almost wasn't able to get them installed again. My gf fell down a flight of stairs (I know that sounds bad, but I assure you I was not involved, lol) so I had to drive 45 miles to get her, another 30 to take her to the hospital, etc.

Anyway, pics added to original post.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Missed my initial appt with America's Tire and almost wasn't able to get them installed again. My gf fell down a flight of stairs (I know that sounds bad, but I assure you I was not involved, lol) so I had to drive 45 miles to get her, another 30 to take her to the hospital, etc.

Anyway, pics added to original post.
just like the girlfriend to find a way between you and your car...:tongue: Hope she is ok

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha, very true. She felt bad when I told her it was "wheel day" and thought she had ruined it, but everything worked out.

She re-fractured her tailbone (as you can surmise, she is a tad clumsy & careless) and is in a lot of pain, but otherwise healthy; nothing threatening or serious. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Haha, very true. She felt bad when I told her it was "wheel day" and thought she had ruined it, but everything worked out.

She re-fractured her tailbone (as you can surmise, she is a tad clumsy & careless) and is in a lot of pain, but otherwise healthy; nothing threatening or serious. Thanks.
haha, actually sounds alot like my gf. I am almost certain her coworkers think she is in an abusive relationship, when it all reality she is just absolutely 100% the clumsiest person I have ever met :lol:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts