2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just discovered that Naviplus offers the option to upgrade to Apple Car Play for most Mazda models from 2014 onwards!

Apple CarPlay Retrofit Kit for MazdaConnect - Mazda 2, 3, 6, MX5, CX-3,CX-5 and CX-9

NAVIPLUS. COM.AU.

It’s expensive, but it’s great it’s available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Aftermarket, already widely availavle in Chinese market. Thanks for the infor anyway
Not to mention you don’t get steering wheel controls or true integration to the radio. It’s a really sub-par way to integrate CarPlay in your car. Especially for 900 bucks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought NaviPlus is the actual software developer for the original Mazda navigation system!?

The site is in Australia, so I’m not sure why do people say its Chinese?

I also contacted Mazda UK and they said:

"We are currently evaluating the prototype for Apple Car Play and it will also cover Android Auto in the same kit. We’re currently looking at around July for launch, but this is TBC as production has been known to slip in the past!”

·
Registered
101 Posts
if no steering control is perfectly integrated, such kind of aftermarket product will be meaningless to me. Believe me, I had tried several Android based boxes and confirm its usability is not that good

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought NaviPlus is the actual software developer for the original Mazda navigation system!?

"We are currently evaluating the prototype for Apple Car Play and it will also cover Android Auto in the same kit. We’re currently looking at around July for launch, but this is TBC as production has been known to slip in the past!”

No they weren’t ever a developer for the interface.

However good on you man getting an actual estimated time of arrival out of them. ??

·
Registered
50 Posts

Could be from AU manufacturer , but the exact same concept found in Chinese market since 2015. You need to replace the usb controller(Main cause drives the price up)in the arm rest box. You also need IOS11 for 2017 model year. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could be from AU manufacturer , but the exact same concept found in Chinese market since 2015. You need to replace the usb controller(Main cause drives the price up)in the arm rest box. You also need IOS11 for 2017 model year. Hope it helps.

How much would the cheapest version be?

I’ll probably wait till the official release, but feeling inpatient...

·
Registered
50 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts