2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's seems weird they would do that I would check with the dealer. Could be a software glitch. Talk to the dealer. Maybe need to update. If it's not and disabled for a dumb reason... .Their are folks on here modding there software all the time. Might be able to help you out. Got some threads on here with modding info I have seen. Got to search for it. Sorry can't help anymore. Hopefully a modding maniacs will chime in. If I come across the thread will attach.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is weird?

Its a brand new car @ Dealership and not pre-delivered yet, or Owner delivered see clear plastic protectors on dash and screen.

Its not my car, I am just posting the info about FACTORY installed (appears) CP.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If it's legit it's greyed out because no iPhone is connected.

If it's not legit someone have just added a fake option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Must admit I'd like to be hopeful, but why would everything else on there be in Mandarin while Apple CarPlay is in English, though it's probably a trademark I'd assume it would also be translated.

It's on the applications page too, CarPlay should be hard wired in to the software, not be an additional app.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, yes you can play DVD's in a China made 6, just like you can with the JDM (Japan made) Mazda 3.

And obviously as car is not yet Delivered then A CP (the owners phone) is Not paired/in use so it is grayed out.

As for Apple CP being in English, well obviously Copyrighted, just like Mazda is in english, and Samsung say on Chinese sold phone is in english....so.

http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-3154-54604636-1.html###

·
Registered
385 Posts
If it's legit it's greyed out because no iPhone is connected.

If it's not legit someone have just added a fake option.
It's obviously fake -_- why wouldn't they show it working? We never a proof of concept of Apple Car play working on the CMU. We have plenty of Android auto, they would be an option too. Come on team mazda, basic deduction.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's obviously fake -_- why wouldn't they show it working? We never a proof of concept of Apple Car play working on the CMU. We have plenty of Android auto, they would be an option too. Come on team mazda, basic deduction.
I could live with Android Auto (and have dedicated phone for it in the car). But CarPlay sucks, nobody should want that POS.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you actually look at the cn link, and all the pics, no, thought not?...these cars are at a MAZDA DEALER they have NOT even been pre-delivered (ready for showroom or for sale).
You obviously fail to know the difference....see all the protective plastic on screens, dash, seats.

CarPlay and AA will never be a "take over" feature, there will always be Mazda (MZD) Connect, as AA and CP does not interface with Mazda's i-Activsense hardware..

Sorry, but your cheap Toyota (defunct Scion) Mazda 2 does not have these features...joke :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I could live with Android Auto (and have dedicated phone for it in the car). But CarPlay sucks, nobody should want that POS.
Agree, CarPlay is literally worthless. An Android Auto update would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have browsed the page from Chinese website. It looks pretty real to me. And I just look it up in news, which says that carplay will be officially included in the 2016 Mazda 6 sold in China. Hopefully mazda can have it available to all of us soon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have browsed the page from Chinese website. It looks pretty real to me. And I just look it up in news, which says that carplay will be officially included in the 2016 Mazda 6 sold in China. Hopefully mazda can have it available to all of us soon.
I hope ur right but don't get everyone's hopes up. I would like to add a comment. It makes sense that CarPlay being included in China's market because they block all google services so Android Auto will probably not ever make it there unless if they use an alternative Google service.

50Cent TopGear LifeStyle

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't see why somebody would post such a bunch of legit pictures and then fake that particular one.

I'm inclined to believe it is disabled simply because no iPhone was connected in that moment.

Let's keep our hopes up!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts