2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '17 Mazda3 GT is arriving at the dealership this Saturday! Ordered on Nov 7th (goodbye Audi A3 TDI, I'll miss you] Titanium Flash hatchback, 6 speed manual, premium equipment package, appearance package. Dealer called today and said appearance package has arrived and, for 5 door models has changed from last year. Whereas 4 door trim pieces remain all black, the hatch back does have black: mirror caps, side sill extensions; body colored rear hatch spoiler;, however, the front air dam and rear diffuser are black WITH some silver trim. I think they will look great, but, none the less, these are changes from the 2016 models, Pictures to follow soon. Pickup slated for around January 15th....So excited....zoom zoom baby

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Exciting about your getting your new beauty. Thanks to @USCTrojan4JC, we have pictures of these 2017 Appearance Package changes on the front spoiler "blades" and the rear lower fascia horizontal trim:

We can see you smiling! And look forward to your posting more pictures.

·
Registered
114 Posts
A Mazda6 here, but same drivetrain

Attachments

Reactions: USCTrojan4JC

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow. looks great thanks for the photos, now I'm so ready to take delivery. Dealer said it should arrive Saturday Jan. 21st, with a couple days to prep and add scuff plates, interior lighting, alloy pedals, and appearance package, so hopefully will pick up Jan. 24/5....I appreciate everyone's participation, and hope to be a welcome addition to this conversation. I am still learning how to add photos, etc., but it will come with time. thanks for your patience

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
lemansbuilder, three questions please to learn more about your upcoming delivery?

* Did you original order contain your appearance package, or did you separately and later order it from your dealer as a dealer installed accessory?
* Did you original order contain your door sill plates, or did your separately and later order them from your dealer as a dealer installed accessory?
* Did you original order contain your interior lighting kit, or did you separately and later order them from your dealer as a dealer installed accessory?

Reason I am asking is if you ordered your AP package, your door sills, and your interior lighting kit at the time your original order was placed (as part of it), those three options will be installed at the port. They will be installed by Mazda employees or Mazda contract employees at the port, then shipped with them installed to your dealer.

The reason I believe you placed the appearance package as an integral part of your original order, is that if your car comes with silver front spoiler "blades" and the silver horizontal rear fascia (as your dealer told you it was), all will be port installed (whereas if your "appearance package" will be dealer installed, then the front spoiler would be all black, as will 100% of your rear lower fascia -- including its horizontal trim piece).

If all this supposition is correct, doubt your dealer will need three days to do just the dealer install your alloy pedals (which are never port installed).

Hope some of this is useful to you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lemansbuilder, three questions please to learn more about your upcoming delivery?

* Did you original order contain your appearance package, or did you separately and later order it from your dealer as a dealer installed accessory?
* Did you original order contain your door sill plates, or did your separately and later order them from your dealer as a dealer installed accessory?
* Did you original order contain your interior lighting kit, or did you separately and later order them from your dealer as a dealer installed accessory?

Reason I am asking is if you ordered your AP package, your door sills, and your interior lighting kit at the time your original order was placed (as part of it), those three options will be installed at the port. They will be installed by Mazda employees or Mazda contract employees at the port, then shipped with them installed to your dealer.

The reason I believe you placed the appearance package as an integral part of your original order, is that if your car comes with silver front spoiler "blades" and the silver horizontal rear fascia (as your dealer told you it was), all will be port installed (whereas if your "appearance package" will be dealer installed, then the front spoiler would be all black, as will 100% of your rear lower fascia -- including its horizontal trim piece).

If all this supposition is correct, doubt your dealer will need three days to do just the dealer install your alloy pedals (which are never port installed).

Hope some of this is useful to you.
Hi Thanks for the information. My situation is not as you described, for whatever reason. I did order the AP as part of the "factory" order, yet the local dealer installed it. I know this for a fact because he sent me photos of the front splitter and rear diffuser just out of the box, to make sure I was o.k. with that. I pick up the car tomorrow, and, if I can figure out how to add photos, I'll post a couple. thanks again for your knowledge and interest...

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Thanks and Mazda may have changed course for the hatch, now providing dealers with Appearance Package spoilers with silver blades. Regardless, your car is going to look terrific, and we look forward to your pictures!

You must be so, so excited about picking it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
In case it is unclear to anyone reading this thread, the Front Air Dam accessory that dealers can install on the 2017 Mazda3 4-door or 5-door can be had in all black or black with the silver accents.

For the port-installed Appearance Package (1AP) on the 2017 Mazda3 4-door, the Front Air Dam is all black.

For the port-installed Appearance Package (2AP) on the 2017 Mazda3 5-door, the Front Air Dam is black with silver accents.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Thanks for the information. My situation is not as you described, for whatever reason. I did order the AP as part of the "factory" order, yet the local dealer installed it. I know this for a fact because he sent me photos of the front splitter and rear diffuser just out of the box, to make sure I was o.k. with that. I pick up the car tomorrow, and, if I can figure out how to add photos, I'll post a couple. thanks again for your knowledge and interest...
The accessory Appearance Package should have been installed at the port before your vehicle was shipped to the dealer. As long as you are not paying any more for the installation of the parts, I suppose that's fine. I'm sure it is disappointing you had to wait to get your car, though. Perhaps you could inquire why the Appearance Package components weren't installed at the port. That information may be helpful for others ordering the Appearance Package on their Mazda3.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi: Got theGT GT yesterday. looks nice. . would send photos, but can't figure out how. Car took 10 weeks from date of order. All accessories were installed at dealership for no extra cost. Appearance package, door sill plates, alloy pedal caps, and footwell lighting. looks beautiful

1 - 13 of 13 Posts