2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CARiD
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Achieve a stunning look of your Mazda 3 with our set of custom headlights by ANZO. Featuring sleek design, they will make the front fascia of your ride a lot more aggressive and enhance your road visibility greatly. They are manufactured to work with the models equipped with factory halogen headlights and come equipped with stylish HALO rings, that could work separately as parking lights. These headlights come with clear lenses only, which makes them absolutely street legal in all 50 states. Available both with chrome and black housings. For easy swap from ordinary, dull OE halogen bulbs, order our optional Low Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit (H7) by Lumen.

Anzo® - Black Halo Projector LED Headlights at CARiD

Fits: 2014-2016 Mazda 3 with Factory Halogen Headlights;
Price: $569.70;
DOT and FMVSS No. 108 compliant;

Anzo® - Chrome Halo Projector LED Headlights at CARiD

Fits: 2014-2017 Mazda 3 with Factory Halogen Headlights;
Price: $569.70;
Meets ISO 9002 and QS 9000 quality standards. Approved by the SAE. Meets DOT regulations and compliant with FMVSS 108;

The bulb specs will be updated shortly!

·
Super Moderator
5,236 Posts
@carid

These headlights utilize a dual beam setup, so there is only bulb for both high and low beams!
So, if thats true it must use a different bulb? Are the halogen light equipped cars able to use a single dual-filament bulb without some modification to the system? If they aren't, they are not really "plug and play" are they? With the dual halogen bulb cars the low beam is always on, the high beam is activated by the stalk on the steering column. How do you get the high/low beams to work if there is only one bulb?

·
Registered
41 Posts
@carid

So, if thats true it must use a different bulb? Are the halogen light equipped cars able to use a single dual-filament bulb without some modification to the system? If they aren't, they are not really "plug and play" are they? With the dual halogen bulb cars the low beam is always on, the high beam is activated by the stalk on the steering column. How do you get the high/low beams to work if there is only one bulb?
A lot of aftermarket halogen projectors are bi-halogen, so there is a shield that drops when the high beam is activated. Low beam drives the single filament halogen bulb, and the high beam signal drives the solenoid.

I assume these are actually 2014-2016? As far as I know, the 2017-2018 headlights are different.

·
CARiD
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree, a lot of the aftermarket headlights use dual-beam headlight system which doesn't require any modifications thanks to the plug and play design. The product description provided by the manufacturer is a bit confusing, as H7 bulbs only come in a single beam configuration. I will have to get in touch with our tech guys and double check on the fitment and bulb specs for you. Please let me know the year model of your Mazda 3!

·
Super Moderator
5,236 Posts
Agree, a lot of the aftermarket headlights use dual-beam headlight system which doesn't require any modifications thanks to the plug and play design. The product description provided by the manufacturer is a bit confusing, as H7 bulbs only come in a single beam configuration. I will have to get in touch with our tech guys and double check on the fitment and bulb specs for you. Please let me know the year model of your Mazda 3!
OK, so if you are unsure of the product and its fitment, maybe you should remove the advertising until you can confirm what the product is and what it fits....

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about for a 2014 Mazda3 i Grand Touring. Any possibility of getting vehicle specific installation instructions so I can see what I'd be getting into? And have you found out exactly how this even works with the deal beam system since H7 bulbs only come in single?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I realize that this is an old thread but I'll ask a question anyway. When you (sorry, still struggling with quoting) say that a shield drops to switch on the high beams. In very simple terms; you are talking about a moving (physical) part, is that right? If so, is the power for the solenoid and whatever else is involved being carried by the stock wiring harness and pin configuration? Thank you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
You may probably disregard my previous post. I thought that there were two light bulbs based on another above. After reading more on other sites it looks like the OEM system already operates with a single bulb. I don't want to spread misinformation so you experts, please feel free to correct anything I may be wrong about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts