2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
is there any way to display the current coolant temperature?

I know im the current model cx5 you can go through the display to bring it up however i cant find any options on the current 2017 mazda 3 ?
is there some hidden menu somewhere?

·
Registered
468 Posts
no idea about an in-car temp display, but just buy a cheap OBDII ebay tool and an Android App called 'Torque' and you'll get heaps of info

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have various scan tools, but looking for a quicker and simpler "on the go" method.

there has to be a way though, by pressing various button combination or for a short period of time to bring up some extra info.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I read somewhere that the ECU in modern cars can vary the coolant temperature sometimes up to high levels to maximise engine efficiency. An ordinary gauge would show such fluctuations and cause undue concern. Hence the trend towards simpler (and cheaper) warning lights for coolant temperature.

·
Super Moderator
6,532 Posts
yeah i have various scan tools, but looking for a quicker and simpler "on the go" method.

there has to be a way though, by pressing various button combination or for a short period of time to bring up some extra info.
No, there isn't.
You can't get much simpler that a cheap OBD scanner.
Or, as an alternative, you can get something like a ScanGauge, and mount it on your dash.

·
2014 Mazda 3 GS 6m
16 Posts
hey guys
is there any way to display the current coolant temperature?

I know im the current model cx5 you can go through the display to bring it up however i cant find any options on the current 2017 mazda 3 ?
is there some hidden menu somewhere?
I was thinking how great it would be if someone with coding skills could find a way to create an AIO app to display OBD2 gauges detailing other engine parameters such as coolant temp, oil pressure and temp, voltage etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts