2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of wanting to do a very light tint on my tail lights, and wanted to see if anyone's done it on their 2014+. Noticed a lot of the Gen 2's have done it on theirs and wanted to see how they looked on the Gen 3's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been wanting to do the same but wonder if blacking out the housings would give a similar look with less light output degradation. A bit like the Mazda 6's have currently.

There's a member on the forum who's name I don't recall, he makes cutouts of the tinting vinyl to easily apply and not cover your backup lights.
Best of luck, I'll be watching here to see what other people have done!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I've been wanting to do the same but wonder if blacking out the housings would give a similar look with less light output degradation. A bit like the Mazda 6's have currently.

There's a member on the forum who's name I don't recall, he makes cutouts of the tinting vinyl to easily apply and not cover your backup lights.
Best of luck, I'll be watching here to see what other people have done!
Blue Batmobile? BlueBatOverlays.com

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm trying to avoid going way too dark, but having this Deep Crystal Blue Mica paint and having almost every chrome piece blacked out on my car, the tail lights are just a really bright red. I don't wanna impair the functionality of my tail lights by going really dark like it looks like you painted them black, I'd just like something like a burgundy color rather than stock.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Where did you get the tint done at? Just a window tint shop or like a car wrap shop?

Its a smoked wrap film, not window tint.

Window tint dont like to stretch, saying that the guy had to put the black wrap on the top edges as the smoked wrap would not stretch nicely.

here is how dark the tint (had an accident hence headlight not tinted yet).

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts