2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not, I barley know about cars but I do know a little, and im not sure what to get for it to increase hp

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have not, I barley know about cars but I do know a little, and im not sure what to get for it to increase hp
Start reading. All the information you need is here in these forums. You might find people get a little cranky.... probably because this has been asked again and again and again.

Here's the short version.

Air intakes do nothing for the most part, but the filters pass far more dirt so that's something I guess. Might help a little with a tune, don't expect the world.

Exhaust is minimal gains.

Only thing that has proven benefits is getting a tune. Plenty of posts about it here. Look for OVT.

Bottom line is these cars are already well designed. Mazda didn't leave much on the table.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I do need to learn more about cars and what each parts do and what performance parts do exactly, thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thanks, I do need to learn more about cars and what each parts do and what performance parts do exactly, thanks
With that we're happy to help. I think you'll find most people will provided that you're willing to do your own research too.

So here's an interesting homework assignment: see if you can figure out why oversizing an exhaust can hurt performance. As a hint, look up exhaust valve scavenging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts