2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a full Eibach Pro-Kit for my 2017 MZ3 within a month or two, and I wanted to see if anyone has installed kit 5557.880 which includes both front and rear sway bar along with springs as well. I kind of do a lot of "spirited driving" when running on the country back roads around me and would love to put a little more work into my suspension.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't think you will find many people running an larger front sway, unless the car is really track focused. I did just do the Eibach springs, with Koni yellows and larger rear sway bar from progress over the weekend, so worth it!! Took the car out to the coast to rip up and down HWY 1, car performed great. Feels so much more balanced and rear doesn't feel like it's gonna come around around, car doesnt push as bad through turns either. For around $900, it was money well spent. Skip the front sway bar.

Reactions: zs_3

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could probably snatch up a set of Eibachs to run and grab a rear sway bar from Corksport. I just figured it would be better to buy the full kit. Just curious what disadvantages are there to running a larger sway bar in the front.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So this is my simple explanation of it, a stiffer front bar will transfer weight to the outside tire, which in turn will pull up on the inside tire. This results in the more weight being applied to the front outside tire, pushing it pass it's limit and leads to understeer.

Reactions: Kevan and zs_3

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know, I'll just purchase the Eibach springs and Rear Sway Bar instead of the kit! Thanks!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Not only what Doogle510 said but if you look at the install of the front bar it looks like a royal pain in the ass.

If you want a matched set look at Racing beat for springs and rear sway.

There are a lot of spring options out there, you should really ready the thread about them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think you will find many people running an larger front sway, unless the car is really track focused. I did just do the Eibach springs, with Koni yellows and larger rear sway bar from progress over the weekend, so worth it!! Took the car out to the coast to rip up and down HWY 1, car performed great. Feels so much more balanced and rear doesn't feel like it's gonna come around around, car doesnt push as bad through turns either. For around $900, it was money well spent. Skip the front sway bar.
So this is my simple explanation of it, a stiffer front bar will transfer weight to the outside tire, which in turn will pull up on the inside tire. This results in the more weight being applied to the front outside tire, pushing it pass it's limit and leads to understeer.
Doogle pretty well hit the nail on the head, unless track is your purpose - don't waste your money. I do have it on mine as I use it as a track car, and it does make a significant difference to the overall handling. However for me, I would rather understeer than oversteer as you can control it a little more on the track.

You would be better to invest in a good set of tires first if you don't have them already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts