1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll be trying to route a power cable through the firewall later today. I tried that spot last night and it didn't seem to work, but it was dark and I didn't mess with it for very long. If I can't get it to work today I'll probably just drill a hole, hre update the thread once I get the cable hooked up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I originally posted this thread, I discovered there's a large grommet near the pedals, and there's a nipple to pass a wire through. From under the hood it's easy to get to if you remove the battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you happen to take any pics of the grommet or its location? If not ill take a few when I'm doing mine just to post up as a reference for people.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you go through the grommet.. stay to the outer edges to keep from going through the sleeve that holds the main harness.. keeps moisture out, and ensures you dont accidently cut a main wire..

·
Registered
14 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for this. I'm running a power wire for my ham radio, and came upon this topic via a search.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
Just thought I'd comment with some pictures, here's a sub install I did where I passed a wire through the firewall using the rubber grommet supplied for the stock wires. It has a small nipple you can cut the top off of in order to pass a wire through (pictured below).

Thread: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...stereo-sub-install-2014-mazda-3-itouring.html
Do you only have to cut the nipple in the engine bay or is there a matching nipple on the other side of the grommet near the foot pedals?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts