2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front passenger window is very loose and can freely shift in the door. The mechanic we use diagnosed the problem as a broken window regulator and stated it would be a safe bet it needs replacement. He also advised it would probably be a good bet to replace the motor as well due to the motor having to fight a window that's shifting around every time it moves.

The price I was quoted was around $350 including parts/labor? Is that resonable for this job? I don't have a good feel for the parts prices or how complex the work might be.

Anyone mind sharing what they paid to have the work done? It's not that uncommon of a repair on this generation of 3 from what I understand.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me. Sounds like your window clips might be broken or maybe off the rail. I would find a 2nd opinion imho

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Not too hard to get access to it.

An hour labour would be about right. Anytime more than that ask for second opinion.

If you do decide to do it yourself or have a friend do it. Support the window with a bar or something, cuz once the motor is removed, pending the last position of the glass it may come crashing down.

Audio section should have some pics to give you an idea. Should be along the line of speaker removal/install.

·
Your friendly SpeedPunk
582 Posts
I had to do one on my ranger. If u do it yourself, u can use tape to HELP hold the window up, just dont depend on it. Tape from one side, up over the door and back down the other side. Im not sure if u need the window down to do the repair, only that I did need it down on my ranger. There is a video on YT for a cx-7 regulator replacement and it looks like the window may have been down.

If u still need to do this, rockauto has a motor and regulator, about 100 bucks total...if u dont care about oem products. Grab a haynes manual and u should be able to save money doing it yourself. Good luck whatever u choose to do!

Oh yeah like someone else said, check those clips first though before anything else. Could be that simple.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts