2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing installing AVS wind guards and I don't know if I should go with in-channel or taped-on.

What do you think?

·
Registered
156 Posts
There is a thread somewhere around here that I saw a couple of weeks ago researching door visors/deflectors/whatever they're called. I think I searched weathertech rain. My personal preference is always to go with in-channel to avoid unsightly tape on the outside if they ever fall off. (And I've see a few cars like that driving around.) If I remember right though, someone in one of the threads I read said the in-channels seemed a little tight and caused issues. So despite having them on my last three vehicles, I've held off for now.

·
Working Class Hero
3,731 Posts
Weathertech in Channel. Excellent fit, but just a bit of wind noise in the driver's window.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I've used the weathertech ones on my previous cars. They're great, I just hate how the when the rear window goes up it'll hit the visor all the time, plus I feel they put too much stress on the motors up front. I have the mazda oem ones and they are great too. They are very flush and does not have that lip around the edge of the visor that you see in many visors and you can't see the tape. There are also clips on the visors that goes into the window channel for extra protection. While I normally vouch for in channel, for this car I say the tape on is great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i got the avs ones, and they do not look as nice as the weathertech or the mazda ones thinking about taking them off at some point, they look too small (imo)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got the avs ones, and they do not look as nice as the weathertech or the mazda ones thinking about taking them off at some point, they look too small (imo)
Though, I'm not looking for looks alone; functionality would also be a plus.

AVS also has in-channel

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got these ebay ones for around $30.... Mugen style stick on visors.

Also had the same style on my 6.

·
Registered
62 Posts
^^^^ I just installed these a few weeks ago, and I have done several hour trip with them on at speeds about 70-80mph. No problems at all. I found mine on amazon and they were really nice and cheap honestly. I believe they were less than $50 for all four! Very happy with them!
There is a little bit of wind noise, but less than I thought to be honest. Overall with this modification you should expect at least a slight increase in wind noise.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a similar if not the same mugen jdm style visors, they look good, does not interfere with side vision, BUT the front side (OLY) makes noise when going at freeway speeds...

beautiful, but have to live with it...but thinking I may trash it ...i dunno...have had it on since mid February...ebay special for about $34...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts