2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed from the first week that there is a faint rattling noise by the driver door panel area whenever I'm driving on uneven pavement. It does not make any noise when going over a bump, only when there are patches on the pavement . It sounds like the driver window is shaking and is hitting against something.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a ticking noise coming from front passenger side, but it appears to come from around the B pillar.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it sound like it might be coming from the bottom of the a pillar?
Thanks I was thinking it was this too but it's not coming from the A pillar region.
And my car's vin# is not within the affected range.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a ticking noise coming from front passenger side, but it appears to come from around the B pillar.
I think I might have some ticking around that region too but it doesn't bother me as much as my driver side. It could be that the passengers seat belt is hitting against the b pillar. Also noticed if you store your sunglasses in the compartment. It would also make some rattling unless you wrap it with cloth.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Isn't the sunglass holder lined with felt? My sunglasses don't make any sound there. I do toss my house keys into the driver door pocket and it will jingle and rattle as I drive so I have a piece of microfiber cloth there to cushion it lol

Btw, do you hear the sound when you have windows up or lowered a bit? I noticed that the drivers window will rattle a bit over rough roads when I have it lowered an inch or so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a vibrating sound coming from the right pillar. It almost sounded like radio static. I found the small black moulding on the fender by the bottom of the windshield was loose. I put a piece of double faced tape on the bottom of it to hold it tight. I haven,t heard the noise since.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't the sunglass holder lined with felt? My sunglasses don't make any sound there. I do toss my house keys into the driver door pocket and it will jingle and rattle as I drive so I have a piece of microfiber cloth there to cushion it lol

Btw, do you hear the sound when you have windows up or lowered a bit? I noticed that the drivers window will rattle a bit over rough roads when I have it lowered an inch or so.
I remember reading your post on this. And I really do think it might be the window.
When I lower the window down more than half way, I no longer hear the loose rattling. Only when it's raised up I hear it. However it could be that the wind noise overwhelms the rattling when the windows are lowered.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you guys look at the TSP page...there might be an update for that...
Yup that was the first place I looked before posting. That's what one of the above posters suggested as well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a vibrating sound coming from the right pillar. It almost sounded like radio static. I found the small black moulding on the fender by the bottom of the windshield was loose. I put a piece of double faced tape on the bottom of it to hold it tight. I haven,t heard the noise since.
My sound definitely seems like it's coming by the B pillar driver door panel area.
However can you post where this location you mentioned is located again? I'm having a hard time trying to picture it. Thx!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Mazda 2 with a rattle, after some careful listening and experimentation, I am convinced it is originating from the passenger side front window. I can produce the rattle at low enough speeds, given road conditions, that wind noise will not drown out the rattle with the window down. However, there is no rattling once the window is lowered all the way. Any suggestions on methods of eliminating this minor irritation?

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was on the thread mentioned above and noticed the window thing just today. When it's down, no rattle. The dealer has already insulated the doors with no luck. I was just doing some research and found via google about sprayin silicone on the door seals.

Use this search criteria, "door noise window silicone spray". The first result is what caught my attention. Take a look and let us know if that worked for you. I want to give a shot as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took my car into the dealer. After 3 days of driving with them to recreate the noise and help pin point. They were able to resolve by insulating the lock mechanism and harness.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Took my car into the dealer. After 3 days of driving with them to recreate the noise and help pin point. They were able to resolve by insulating the lock mechanism and harness.
Thank you for your note. Can you please specify where your ticking sound seemed to be coming from while driving?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you for your note. Can you please specify where your ticking sound seemed to be coming from while driving?
it was on the front passenger side. sounded as it was coming from the b-pillar. the noise would stop if you pressed on the edge of the door panel.

below is the vid i took to show them originally. i suggest you do a ride along with one of the techs. thats what i ended up doing so they can believe and hear it

5-27-14 - YouTube

1 - 20 of 28 Posts