2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else here had bought these smoked LED rear reflectors and how you like them?

Black Smoked Lens LED Bumper Reflectors for 2010 Up Mazda3 Taillight Brake Light | eBay

I can't for the life of me find the old thread where someone had the installation info for this (and actually were I got that link from) so any help with that would be greatly appreciated but I was thinking this may be the next cheaper thing I wanna do to my car.

If someone has bought these before, how do you like them and also any chance we can see some pictures both with the lights on and off? They don't have a photo of just how they look without the actual LEDs on

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
definitely interested in seeing pics when you get them on dwold! they are actually on sale for a few days for $30 with free shipping in the original link i put so i will most likely give them a try and hopefully wire them up to the brake lights also.

will post a few pics also when i get them on and how i like them. think i will especially for 30 bucks and i dont really care for the existing reflectors

·
Registered
394 Posts
Haha exactly. Saw they were on sale and figured hey it's worth a shot. Also, I'm pretty sure they have 2 power wires, so you can hook one to break lights and one to your blinker so they'll blink with your blinker and come on when you brake. Not positive on that, but that's what I thought I read in one of the write ups.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
I installed these just before winter hit. Love them. Obviously can't see them while driving, but if I leave it running with lights on and catch a glimpse, always makes me smile. Pretty sweet that they're turn signals too! Simply a cheap, quality visual mod. Can't beat the price. The install is kind of a pain in the a$$, but if you've got the time, go for it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All,

First time poster. Been lurking for a while, and gained some serious knowledge from everyone here. Just wanted to share some installed led reflector pictures, but I guess atx beat me to the punch. I did not buy the smoked lenses, but I hope these pictures give you guys an idea of how they look.

Taking off the bumper was not that big of a PITA as I thought it would be. I did it by myself, and it took about an hour to do carefully. Only thing to be cautious about is putting back the bumper carefully. I nearly cracked a couple of those tabs on the side when I was trying to force the bumper back into the clip. I was fortunate and pulled it back out and did it correctly. Remember people, patience is a virtue and a couple of minutes extra can mean a world of difference!

Lastly, the wiring. The reflectors have 3 wires, negative, drl and bright mode. My reflectors came with a plain white wire (Dim Mode), one with dashed lines(Bright mode), and one with X's(Negative). I tapped into my license plate wiring with the Dim Mode and left the bright mode alone. To close, I basically have them turned on with my lights instead of adding any blinker or brake light functionality. I might tap into those when I get a chance, but I do not feel like drilling into my car. Anyways, I hope this helps you guys, sorry for such a lengthy post.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone have the smoked ones by any chance? Would appreciate a photo in the daytime.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of these (from eBay) but can't decide on red or smoked.

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
Anyone have the smoked ones by any chance? Would appreciate a photo in the daytime.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of these (from eBay) but can't decide on red or smoked.

Avoid the ones from I iJDMtoy. I have some them and they are from eBay. The LEDs light up, but they're not straight. Some point upwards. Some point down. @El Beaner has a set from eBay that he likes. Search for his post about them in the "what did you do to your Mazdaspeed today" thread.

Edit:
Because I'm an awesome person, I searched for you. Here you go:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350942535169?redirect=mobile

·
Registered
166 Posts

Here are my smoked ones that @mazdaspeedmyk mentioned.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/704970-post2235.html

I can get a pic of them, when off in daytime if you like(probably be a bit cause of weather is still meh here).

I got the ones he linked(that style). There are other styles(more expensive) that have a "strip"

Here is the person I got them from - went with them cause they were located in the US
2010 Mazda3 MAZDASPEED3 LED Bumper Reflector Black Smoked Lens Tail Brake Light | eBay

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks @mazdaspeedmyk & @El_Beaner . That helped a lot. The photo with it off helped a lot - it looks great on your vehicle, but I think it would look out of place on my red 3. I have considered dipping my rear valence and I think that would look better but the dip is not permanent, whereas the LED reflectors sort of are (for all intents and purposes at least). Red it is :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts