2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting Audio Alerts with Receiving Txt Messages.

If so, what phone do you have and what kind of sound do you hear when it arrives.

Todate, NO sounds at all. Just a quick flash of a screen.

If you are getting an audio alert (which I doubt cause they disable it), can you please post a smartphone video. You can have a friend send you a text while recording.

Thanks

PS the sound must come from the Mazda system and not your phone. In reality, the BT stream has the sound locked on the iPhone so you don't hear squat.

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
A few times I have. I have an iPhone and my text sound is the tri tone sound and that has come through a few times under no certain circumstances. Also sometimes the keyboard sound comes through the speakers when I'm typing, but only when I'm playing music via Bluetooth. But both occurrences are in no way consistent

·
Registered
269 Posts
With Windows phones you get the audio alert that you get with a phone call. This is because the text is handled like a call by the car and it just hands over control to the phone to read and reply to text messages. With 8.1 this is cortana handling the text messaging.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Samsung s3, i get my phone's text message alert sound. As I recall I saw a setting somewhere to choose that or the car alert. and yep the phone's alert does go off. The phone is running android 4.3.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I only get an audio alert if I have bluetooth audio chosen. If I'm listening to FM, XM, or something else, I don't get squat since the BT has the audio from the phone tied up.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I only get an audio alert if I have bluetooth audio chosen. If I'm listening to FM, XM, or something else, I don't get squat since the BT has the audio from the phone tied up.
iPhone user here, and mine behaves exactly the same way.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have come to the conclusion that the programmers left this out due to memory constraints. Menu selections can select visual and audio alerts, but to much to remove it. Base memory in this system is very low.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that the programmers left this out due to memory constraints. Menu selections can select visual and audio alerts, but to much to remove it. Base memory in this system is very low.
In modern systems, memory is almost never the issue. The programmers left this out because they either didn't think it was important or didn't think about it at all. Can you think of any OS that was perfect with all of the features when it was first introduced? The first two or three years of a system like this makes any purchaser a beta tester. WE ARE BETA TESTERS for this system. I've learned over the years that if I buy anything totally new, I should consider myself a beta tester and expect problems. The good news is that it is firmware -- and that can be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In modern systems, memory is almost never the issue. The programmers left this out because they either didn't think it was important or didn't think about it at all. Can you think of any OS that was perfect with all of the features when it was first introduced? The first two or three years of a system like this makes any purchaser a beta tester. WE ARE BETA TESTERS for this system. I've learned over the years that if I buy anything totally new, I should consider myself a beta tester and expect problems. The good news is that it is firmware -- and that can be reprogrammed.
Exactly! How long did it take Ford and MicroSoft to make SYNC not a complete piece of garbage? I'm pretty sure we are already ahead of that curve.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup beta testers to the max....It would not be as bad, if they allowed us to do our own firmware update. I have seen it done, and easy-peezy...I even know the keys to hold down to get into the tech screen. That way, you could get the latest greatest faster. I think the next release is June sometime.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Yup beta testers to the max....It would not be as bad, if they allowed us to do our own firmware update. I have seen it done, and easy-peezy...I even know the keys to hold down to get into the tech screen. That way, you could get the latest greatest faster. I think the next release is June sometime.
I've seen a rumor that v30 is out now but cannot confirm it. I think there will be lots of updates over this next year. I'm not going to upgrade mine again until I go in for my first oil change in about 3 months or so. Each update will fix some problems and introduce others. As long as it is working fairly well for me, I'll leave that beta testing to you and others.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I get an audio alert from both my phone and my car while listening to pandora. It is incredibly annoying, and I hate how it lowers my music volume.
What is your car build date? Thanks

I can hear my phone's own sound ding when I get a txt, but not the car. I ask this, you may have an updated box cause some of the sound drivers are disables cause of much needed resources.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts