2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Anyone ever used or seen a Magnetic bra?

Tags
bra magnetic
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fc3schick87 
#1 ·
Hey guys and girls :)

I was browsing Ebay this evening and came across this

MAGNETIC CAR BRA for 2010-2011 MAZDA 3 auto hood cover | eBay

I have a 2011 Mazda 3 GT and i had purchased an OEM bra from Mazda to protect it in the winter and on the highways but upon receiving it and trying to install it quickly found out that Mazda did not really do a very good job when then said that the bra was the same from a 2010 to a 2011 Mazda 3 because they don't really fit a 2011. The bottom does not attach to anything and the sides don't line up at all, it even had the mechanics at my Mazda dealership confused as to why they say it will fit when it doesn't.

Anyway I found this and thought that as long as the car is clean and the bra does not shift then this would be good for preventing a few rock chips on the highway and wanted to see if anyone has ever seen one before?

#2 ·
hmm did some google searching, and it appears that they rip and tear pretty easily...so maybe not so much.

#3 ·
Mazda did not really do a very good job when then said that the bra was the same from a 2010 to a 2011 Mazda 3 because they don't really fit a 2011. The bottom does not attach to anything and the sides don't line up at all, it even had the mechanics at my Mazda dealership confused as to why they say it will fit when it doesn't.
A 2010 and 2011 are the same.....

#4 ·
I know, and they told me as much but even their head installer came out and looked and could not figure out what Mazda had done but the Bra does not clip anywhere on the bottom and does not line up properly on the sides at the bottom of the wheel well.

#5 · (Edited)
omg i would not use that, i would not want to scratch my paint. magnets scratch so bad!!!!

its best to just pay for a clear bra to be installed or just put on some regular vinyl yourself to protect it.
clear bra are great, they last very very long but they cost a bit. (xpel.com)

cloth bra are not ment to be used in the rain or snow any way..... thats what the instructions say.
i bet that your front bumper is different and they sold you the wrong bra. did you give them your vin number to make sure they ordered the correct bra?
my bra only fits 2.5 hatch back models and some 2.5 4 door models

i used vinyl and the bra to drive from texas to california. heres how it looked

with bra and vinyl

with just vinyl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.