2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never expected this car to be a Mercedes in terms of interior quality. However, I expect more than Nissan Versa level trim. For example, the part where it displays the "pass airbag off" light is very shoddy. I've attached a video below showing what I mean IMG_0066.MOV

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I never expected this car to be a Mercedes in terms of interior quality. However, I expect more than Nissan Versa level trim. For example, the part where it displays the "pass airbag off" light is very shoddy. I've attached a video below showing what I mean IMG_0066.MOV
That's not normal. I'd have the dealer fix it up

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 3 Premium polymetal gray over red/blk
512 Posts
Yep, I tried mine and it's loose too. Had the car for a year and a half and never had the occasion to put my hand on it. So now it's a problem. Thanks. A lot.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
200 Posts
wait i'm curious. i've never owned an mb. why do people like them if they're built like this?
It's a more recent phenomenon -- the interior quality on MB pre-2002ish was bank vault solid, but the styling was stodgy. My brother bought a lightly used 2002 or 2003 S-class, and the interior looked good, but wasn't super solid, and that car gave him lots of trouble. It had great road presence though and ate up miles on the highway like a hot knife through butter. I really enjoyed driving it...was super smooth. The newest gen Mercedes have gorgeous interior finishes and materials, but when you press on the finishes, many will squeak, especially the cheaper ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a recall beginning in May 2019 for some 2019 model years regarding the airbag/seatbelt warning lights inside of that unit. If your VIN falls in the range in the PDFs for recall 3319E the dealer may have botched the repair and broken some retaining clips.

Interesting, I'll have to bring that up when I take it in next. Thanks for the post, that definitely makes sense that there might be some broken clips, I can't imagine that there's any way they'd design something so poorly although I could be mistaken lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Checked mine on my 3 month old 2021 batch and I was very surprised to see mine is loose - not as much - but still way looser than it should be.
I just checked the sensor cover removal document to see whether or not that part is supposed to be like that and it appears from what I saw in the diagram that we might have broken clips

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I just checked the sensor cover removal document to see whether or not that part is supposed to be like that and it appears from what I saw in the diagram that we might have broken clips
Not necessarily broken. The shell has a unique mechanism that snaps together.

Font Map Slope Parallel Auto part

·
Registered
2017 Mazda3 Touring 2.5 Hatchback
12 Posts
It's a more recent phenomenon -- the interior quality on MB pre-2002ish was bank vault solid, but the styling was stodgy. My brother bought a lightly used 2002 or 2003 S-class, and the interior looked good, but wasn't super solid, and that car gave him lots of trouble. It had great road presence though and ate up miles on the highway like a hot knife through butter. I really enjoyed driving it...was super smooth. The newest gen Mercedes have gorgeous interior finishes and materials, but when you press on the finishes, many will squeak, especially the cheaper ones.
Benz tech here. Your comment is very accurate, but I think the same can be said about many car brands. It has to do with all the hard plastics used in today’s interiors. I will say that the 204 C-Class, 212 E-Class and 221 S-Class (and most other models around that era) are the last great Mercedes-Benz cars. Solid mechanically and interiors that still look good. To be fair though, Mercedes-Benz seems to have learned their lesson because the new 223 S-Class looks very very good, inside and out.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
152 Posts
It’s pretty much the same in every vehicle I own, all Japanese. Usually the day I buy them I put a strip of black vinyl or electrical tape over that display.

edit: your video finally loaded. Yeah, no solution for you one that one. Interior on mine is quite nice imo. Though, if yours is a Mexican made one…. It wouldn’t surprise me. I love the Mexican people but their QC sucks still.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts