2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone notice the part numbers for the hatchback Led type rear lights are wrong online everywhere? my tail light is this one:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41mrSA2+k7L._SS500_.jpg part number stamped on it is bbn751150 yet when I google that part number this assembly comes up:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31i8noGIS3L.jpg stating that it is part number bbn751150 on many mazda dealer sites ebay google amazon etc. all these sites claim my part number is bbn851150 which is not stamped anywhere on the assembly mainly need to know because my dumb self cracked my assembly very very slightly and I am thinking of getting another but this makes things awkward. I guess as long as I get the right one in the end it would not matter what it says online, just odd and wondering if anyone else has seen it.

·
Miles
3 Posts
Similar Issue

Hey all - Just joined the forum after purchasing a new 3s GT last May. I cracked the casing on the right rear tail light on my hatchback and have been having trouble getting a new one. I ordered a light (part #11-6659-00-1 ) and I installed it no problem. Upon plugging it in, I discovered that it is in fact a different light. Everywhere I look, that is the part number listed but its the wrong cluster formation.
I'm going to call the dealer where I bought it next to try and get this sorted out but does anyone have any leads about this?

I'll post a picture of my existing lamps next.

·
Miles
3 Posts
now the pic

Here's the picture:

It's kind of hard to see, but the driving lights (on in this pic) make a ring around the central bulb. This was not the case in the replacement I bought (it's already boxed up for return or else I would post a picture of that one too)

Attachments

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
try searching your part number, but 12-so on as mine looks asa though the first digit was wrong and pointed the aftermarket to the wrong ones the bbn75110 on my car is like the first link in my original post, yet aftermarket and several dealers state it is suppose to be bbn85110 however when I look up bbn 85110 it brings up the second linked picture in my original post which is a red colored cover on it, mine is all clear even the led portion is clear on the external side of the car unless the red led light is on. the second linked picture in my original post actually looks to be the standard bulb configuration for the hatches of this generation and not led, and looking at further pics indicates this further to me as looking at the rear of a googled "bbn75110" assembly it has a red tinted lens all around on the front and 2 empty bulb sockets where as the led type is clear all around the front and only has a socket for the halogen type amber bulb turn signal, the tail/brake light are built into the assembly and just have a pigtail plug sticking out as the led portion is not end user changeable only replacing the assembly will fix issues with the led type bulb. many mazda dealer sites such as jim ellis and zoomzoomnationparts (cj Wilson mazda) show this discrepancy as well, showing the standard type as bbn75110 and led type as bbn85110 for the passenger side. so maybe run up to your local dealer and have them pull a diagram of the rear lights, then have them show you the part numbers and if they have them in stock have them bring the ones you would need up and have you look at them and you could tell them which was correct, or detailed color pics if they don't stock them (many of their sites only have clear drawing type pics that don't show much)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts