2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I live in Florida and even now, the sun is beating down hard on my car. I have the windows tinted at 20% all around except for the windshield of course. Could anybody recommend a good heat shield (reflector)? I would like one that fits as well as possible, including the area around the rear view mirror which houses the lane assist camera among other things.

Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a third gen and the Mazda sunshade i have sags way too much IMO. the covercraft one posted above looks excellent.

I would compare them in pictures or in person if possible before you decide.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey guys,

I live in Florida and even now, the sun is beating down hard on my car. I have the windows tinted at 20% all around except for the windshield of course. Could anybody recommend a good heat shield (reflector)? I would like one that fits as well as possible, including the area around the rear view mirror which houses the lane assist camera among other things.

Thanks!
I believe the Mazda one is around $50, personally I'd get that one online at a Mazda accessories site like Mazda Swag or Med Center Mazda. Also, I'm jealous seeing how it's like 25°F and snow on roads today in my area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It really sucks that no one makes a thermal infrared blocking windshield for the Mazda. With the Prius, Lexus and some BMW's very little heat enters the cabin because they use infrared windshields. Less AC use and cooler cabin. No downsides except the manufactures want to save a couple bucks. Worst thing is SGS, factory Mazda and most other supplier makes an IR windshield: Saint-Gobain Sekurit’s sgs CoolCoat athermic windshield. It's just not available for Mazda. Even Safelite promotes a replacement IR windshield, but knowone knew of any for the Mazda. With the IR windshield, there is no need for that clumsy folding cover, and it will work much better. When they changed all windshields to be UV protection is 2012, it was very short-sighted not to require IR as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts