2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched a few youtube videos and it appears some have struggled to remove the housing bracket for the battery.

Nothing much was mentioned on using a battery tender or something like an AC battery charger or how to use to preserve your infotainment settings and preventing your ECU, PCM from "re-learning".

From previous experience, engine re-learning was a terrible experience where the car would almost die everytime you would slow down and the AT was jerky too.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I just cleaned my battery and terminals a few weeks back and didn't have any issues afterwards.. Besides having to go through the settings in the system before starting off... I did it quickly, but I remember only having to change a couple of things that looked off. Pretty sure it retained most of my settings.
CK

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 2005, I replaced the battery and I lost the radio settings which was expected. However, I didn't expect the engine and ECU to have to re-learn everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just replaced the battery on my 2014 a couple hours ago. The only things that were reset were my trip odometer, and I had to open my driver window fully and close it fully manually before the auto open/close feature worked again. Infortainment system kept all settings including BT connections.

Total time the car was disconnected was less than 8 mins.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just replaced the battery on my 2014 a couple hours ago. The only things that were reset were my trip odometer, and I had to open my driver window fully and close it fully manually before the auto open/close feature worked again. Infortainment system kept all settings including BT connections.

Total time the car was disconnected was less than 8 mins.
Good to know. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts