2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 3i touring started beeping randomly. It doesn't sound like the beep the radio makes when you push a button and it sounds like it is coming from in the dash somewhere and it mostly happens when I'm playing music through bluetooth but does it when I'm listening to the radio too. When I say randomly I mean really random. Some days it wont beep at all but some it will beep all the time and it will beep when I'm just sitting in the driveway or a parking lot or it will beep while I'm driving. The only thing I have done to the car is put in new front speakers and wire up an amp to them. Does anyone know what the beeping is?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just checking, but is your seat belt light on when the beeping occurs? Because if you have something in the front seat without the seat belt fastened, it will think there is someone in the seat and you will get beeping seat belt alarm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope there is no seat belt indicator and the beeping is more sporadic than in a pattern. Although one time the time between the beeps kept getting shorter and shorter while I was in the garage trying to figure out what was going on.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
"random beeping" is probably one of the hardest things to diagnose. if anything, leave it with the dealer and hope they can recreate the problem since warranty work is free.

·
Kambo
167 Posts
Our horn factory.. sounds like a Busch Gardens parking lot Tram. GAY!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys! I am using my HTC Hero as the music source and it does do it while I am playing bluetooth in my car however it will also do it when I am listening to the radio just way less. I will try the aux input next time though to try and figure it out. However there is one thing that I just noticed today while I was out driving. The beep occurs more when more power is being taken from the battery. For instance when I have my lights on and my music playing or when I am getting the car into first gear (noobie manual driver here!) and there is a lot of strain on the battery. I do plan on talking to the mechanic at the dealership when I take her in for her first oil change soon, hopefully he will know something.

·
Registered
452 Posts
2.0 or 2.5 engine here?

edit i see its the 2.0.

Ive seen this problem on the forums before. What is the size of the alternator on the 2.0 vs the 2.5? Perhaps its just underpowered?

·
Registered
295 Posts
There is another thread on this very issue but since this has grown legs I'll chime in here.
I had read the posts in the other thread but had not had this pop up until one day a few weeks ago. Beeped like crazy...
I bought the car in Oct and have had only the one event with the beeping so far.
I have absolutley NO mods to the engine, suspension (like that would matter here) stereo etc. In fact the only thing I've done to this car is add some interior LED's and LEDs in the hatch and 3rd brake light.
I was listening to the stereo, a CD, and when the beeping started I turned down the music so I could hear what the F was happening. This started happening towards the end of my 20 min commute in the AM, so basically niothing changed in the car, meaning I didn't start/stop turn on/off anything that might have triggered it.
Being that this car has only so many Beep tones, it was the same tone that is used for the seat memory etc...
I do not know what the cause was/is but I am throwing out as many facts here so that maybe if someone else has another piece of the puzzle ......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Being that this car has only so many Beep tones, it was the same tone that is used for the seat memory etc...
What do you mean by the seat memory? Like the seat belt indicator beep?

It might have something to do with the wiring of your amp if its mainly happening when you are using electrical accessories.
Yeah it could be that too but I don't know why it would just randomly beep one day and not beep the other days.

It hasn't beeped for 2 days now though *knock on wood* and there is no way I can recreate the problem and taking out the new speakers and putting everything back to stock to see if the beeping still occurs seems like a lot of work to me lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
GT's have pwr driver seat memory setttings.
As far as the stereo....I don't think thats it..I have made NO changes to the fdactory Bose and yet I had a random beeping event

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh okay I don't have power seats which is why it sounds like a beep I have never heard of. I do however have a fuse for power seats? Maybe that is the reason for my beeping.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I doubt not having the pwr seats and having the fuse is the cause of the beeping.
I would search out the other thread ( random beeping, I think its called) and see what has been said in that thread.
It's a stumper, you are not alone...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I found out what the beeping is... I noticed while driving at night that the interior lights were dimming for some reason and it would beep when that happened, so I turned the little knob that allows you to adjust the intensity of the lights and it was the same beep! So when the lights dim, from the amp I'm guessing, it beeps to let you know that the lights are back at maximum. Only thing is, is that the amp isn't that powerful, 200W max RMS bridged and I'm not even bridging it. And I know that some of you have added an amp and don't have this problem so could it be my battery or alternator not being able to handle the load for some reason?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.