2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any word on replacment grills for the 2010 Mazda 3? The original is growing on me but a new one would not hurt either!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
The problem is the 2010 grill isn't easy to replace or to design a replacement for. If you take your bumper off, you'll see. Also, the issue is less the grill and more the grill opening. To fix that you're going to need a whole new bumper. Putting a bar or slats across the current opening will just put braces on your smile. A complete new bumper painted to match isn't cheap. I'd buy one if it looked good though. The only one I've seen is by AutoExe. It looks pretty okay, but almost makes the grill opening worse and their parts are really expensive (~$800 for a fiberglass bumper unpainted).

http://www.autoexe.co.jp/english/car/Axela(BL)/BL.html

·
Registered
477 Posts
that new grill would be perfect if you had an intercooler, otherwise it just looks blank without anything there

·
Registered
20 Posts
They have the autoexe one on the corksport webpage. 800 really isn't much considering how much fiberglass will actually be involved, plus you'll have one of the only ones with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They have the autoexe one on the corksport webpage. 800 really isn't much considering how much fiberglass will actually be involved, plus you'll have one of the only ones with it.
Very true! I didn't think of it that way.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
You'll be hard-pressed to find better quality parts though. Poor quality aftermarket body kits aren't a good deal if you have to spend hours and hours making them fit properly. I'm going to wait and see what becomes available before I make a desicion.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have to say I like the aftermarket piece less than I like the factory one. The large straight line acroos the center kind of kills the flow of the front end. I do like the fact that the area above the fogs is flush rather than the little wings we have on the stock fascia.

·
Registered
140 Posts
anyone know when the front end will be released for the normal 3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts