2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres like no exhausts out there for the new 2014 sedan wondering if any one has found any information at all on new exhausts, I know theres an axel black on cork sport but only for the hatch

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Its in the development guys just be patient. Racing Beat, Magnaflow, and Borla are producing these exhaust and I'm sure Corksport is too. Am I right @[email protected]

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Its in the development guys just be patient. Racing Beat, Magnaflow, and Borla are producing these exhaust and I'm sure Corksport is too. Am I right @[email protected]
^ Yup I concur. ^

The 3rd gen is still pretty new so all in time guys.

It will be interesting to see if they come out with some race systems (no mufflers just straight pipe axlebacks) vs. the street/canister systems being offered currently by Corksport and Racingbeat.

The street systems are very tame noise decibel/tone wise...so that should more than suffice for those who want a quiet system. Id like to hear a muffler deleted 3rd gen with a straight pipe axleback in place, possible with turn down style tip for added resonance/rumble.

^Something along the lines like this Buddy Club Spec II but configured to the Mazda 3 specs of course. (Basically a pipe, you get the picture)

·
Registered
124 Posts
So this makes me wonder, if an exhaust system is being worked on for the sedan, it would simply pop out from underneath the bumper? I was confident that a more aesthetically sound fix is to have a replacement for the rear diffuser to allow the exhaust pipe to continue straight out of the bumper like the hatchback.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can pay and have some custom bumper work done and use the hatchback exhaust.
I don't think your going to find companies like Corksport making custom bumpers.

If I do decide to get a performance exhaust. I know I'm not going to change my bumper.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So this makes me wonder, if an exhaust system is being worked on for the sedan, it would simply pop out from underneath the bumper? I was confident that a more aesthetically sound fix is to have a replacement for the rear diffuser to allow the exhaust pipe to continue straight out of the bumper like the hatchback.

rear diffuser? what diffuser? there is no such a thing, its part of the one piece bumper that's painted matte-textured black.

I think mazda is giving us ( the sedan owners ) this face --> :tt2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
rear diffuser? what diffuser? there is no such a thing, its part of the one piece bumper that's painted matte-textured black.

I think mazda is giving us ( the sedan owners ) this face --> :tt2:
Oh. So, you're saying the rear bumper is a one piece mould? Dang, I though wrong...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts