1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Track Rat
40 Posts
Bummer it's only a 2 point.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tanabe didn't go ahead with making this brace or immediately discontinued it. I tried to get it last year when I bought their STB & was told it wasn't available anymore.

@ Chris_top_her: You've mentioned before that you have that brace from Ultra Racing, but when asked about what you thought of it, you've never replied. So....I'll ask again, what do you think of it? What benefit have you gotten from it? What does it feel like?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Tanabe didn't go ahead with making this brace or immediately discontinued it. I tried to get it last year when I bought their STB & was told it wasn't available anymore.

@Chris_top_her: You've mentioned before that you have that brace from Ultra Racing, but when asked about what you thought of it, you've never replied. So....I'll ask again, what do you think of it? What benefit have you gotten from it? What does it feel like?
I have the 4 point brace from Ultra too and its alright. Honestly I didn't notice anything big with it installed though except turn in response is improved by a little.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
They are chassis braces, not sway bars. The immediate effect is subtle if any, the real benefit is less metal fatigue over time (thus better handling) and helping maintain alignment under heavy cornering (better handling). Some old worn cars, or cars that are just "flexy" in general (i.e honda del sol) would give you an instantly noticable change in handling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
To be honest, you really don't need an under brace unless you're seeing a lot of track usage, and even then it's really only beneficial for cars that have more flexible chassis. The skyactiv chassis is extremely stiff and well-built from the factory, so it doesn't require a whole lot of bracing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts