2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a dedicated Mazda mechanic here in Sydney - thinking to upgrade the sway bar but couldn't find much info. I'd rather do this with a mechanic who got a lot of experience handling Mazdas or should I just go with any mechanic (ie. it's a simple generic process for mechanics?)

·
Registered
510 Posts
yes WA represent!!

it's a simple process provided you've got access to power tools and space. from what i found out, the bolts holding the billet bushings can be quite tight and hard to remove. of course with a lift as opposed to a jack, it's way simpler. not sure about eastern states but here out west, i've gone with malaga suspensions. they did my coilovers before as well so after i botched my own install, i went to them to help tidy up the work.

i think their rates are about 120/hr. shouldn't take more than an hour half or so..

·
Registered
899 Posts
Its an easy install if you have some auto experience. the main tool is a mid-length socket. I think it was a 13MM
But its the one to loosed and tighten the bushings. Good directions can be found on the Corksport website.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got no mechanic experience nor the proper tools. I think I'm gonna let the pros do this.

Thinking to get Racing Beat rear + front sway bars, are they relatively simple to install (ie. as in any mechanics can swap this quickly?)

Cheers.

·
Registered
510 Posts
maybe looking about an hour each. i've only done the rears so i'd have no experience on the front so far..

Reactions: djmm

·
Registered
899 Posts
The fronts I wouldn't even bother with. very few here have done them. Looks like a complete pain in the ass.
Look at the racingbeat website for the install instructions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see...
Funny I was told that the front would have much more impact than rear one (as in offering better cornering). Is that true?
By the way for rear one, is it a simple replacement like the Racing Beat muffler? (ie. all same as stock)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts