2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

Looking for a new DD. Owned LX Accords (91 & 93) and EX Civics (95 & 05 - current DD w/ 192K), all manuals. Looking at a new 2016 M3 Touring manual this Saturday. Anything I need to know?

Sorry for the vagueness of the question, but your thoughts on gas mileage (have heard 30, not 40), long term reliability, etc are appreciated.

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Stopping at a dealer on the way home today. I'm trying to keep things as inexpensive as possible. Feel that the 3 i Touring without the Popular Equipment Package (Bose, Sirius, etc.) will meet my needs. Dealer has one w/ the manual in Soul Red Metallic and offered the price of $19700 + tax, title, tags... I'll keep you posted...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
FWIW, if I were specing-out a 2016 model, I'd go with the iSport with preferred equip pkg (mostly for the alloy wheels). I now drive a 2014 iSport which is pretty basic (steelies, no "commander knob," or backup cam, BSM, rear cross-traffic alert, etc) but suits my needs. No issues with reliability or build quality this far, but I've only had it for 16.5 months and have only clocked 13k miles. In that time, I've gotten around 34-35 mpg in mixed driving (65% city, 35% hwy), but yesterday got 50 mpg (according to the carputer, prob closer to 48 mpg) over 200 mi of highway driving in optimal weather conditions w/cruise control set at 63 mph.

Happy hunting! Let us know how things pan out.

·
Registered
667 Posts
with the 2.5 manual mixed driving i'm getting around 30 mpg (work -> suburbs -> highway -> city -> home). I'm sure if i did a highway trip i could pull off 35mpg average or better pretty easily. I should note it does seem to be getting better in my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Gents,

naxun, your iSport w/ the preferred equip package rational is sound... However, I'm a big sunroof fan and my aging eyes like the fog lights. Paid big bucks to get OEMs put on my 05 civic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.