2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the winter months are coming soon and I'm wondering if any of you guys have gotten rustproofing done? I'm leaning towards krown but I heard they drill holes into the underside of your car....

What's everyone's thoughts? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
147 Posts
So the winter months are coming soon and I'm wondering if any of you guys have gotten rustproofing done? I'm leaning towards krown but I heard they drill holes into the underside of your car....

What's everyone's thoughts? Any recommendations?
Most of the underside of the car is well-protected by the plastic panels and the factory underside rock-resistant coatings. The sheet metal is all galvanized, so that helps greatly. What I do on every new car i get is jack it up, drive it up on ramps or use a lift, and spray any exposed sheet metal that is not protected by the plastic underbody panels with a good quality undercoat. This includes the inner rocker-panel areas. I also hit the leading edge of the suspesion arms. Clean everything you are going to coat with glass-cleaner before spraying.

There isn't much to get on a M3, so 1/2 can is enough.

Dave

·
OMGWTFBBQSAUCE
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the underside of the car is well-protected by the plastic panels and the factory underside rock-resistant coatings. The sheet metal is all galvanized, so that helps greatly. What I do on every new car i get is jack it up, drive it up on ramps or use a lift, and spray any exposed sheet metal that is not protected by the plastic underbody panels with a good quality undercoat. This includes the inner rocker-panel areas. I also hit the leading edge of the suspesion arms. Clean everything you are going to coat with glass-cleaner before spraying.

There isn't much to get on a M3, so 1/2 can is enough.

Dave

Any recommendations on a good undercoat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.