503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

Reactions: JediMindTricks

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let's try this again. Doesn't look like that link pasted over correctly. The red 3 and the Black 3 Below have the same Hood. The blue 3 appears to have a different Hood with a higher hood scoop on it. So where does the hood on the blue 3 come from?

Or maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me?

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's the zestjdm carbon fiber hood or at least it looks very close to it.

Zestjdm Carbon Fiber Hood
http://cdn3.volusion.com/gaqlf.uwwrt/v/vspfiles/photos/MZ3-14-HD-MP-2.jpg?1491395238[/url]
CK[/quote]

Thanks Mate, though I'm not sure about that. I think the ZestJDM is actually the same hood MPSJapan sells. Again, the hood scoop seems to be located a little further up the hood on the blue 3, while the Zest JDM one sits lower and is more inset within the hoodline as opposed to sitting "on top" of the hoodline.

Thanks for the reference though. Definitely appreciate it

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Cool. I was searching around on ebay, but couldn't find anything for the Axela model. They mainly had Mazdaspeed hoods on there.
CK

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hood looks great, if you find the item from another seller or something definitely let us know!
Oh trust me, if I could I would. Spent a few hours searching for other places. While I'm sure they're out there, it's nothing I can come across in my web searches. A shame, as I think the Xcarbon hood does accentuate the 3's lines just a little bit more. But I'd have to paint over it though -- I can't stand a different colored hood, and I know some people shy away from painted carbon finishes - lots of scuffing and prepping to do it correctly. Oh well, neither here no there, because I can't find it. I'll stick with the MPS hood. Ram air is going on this either way!! haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts