2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just helped my daughter buy a used 2011 Mazda 3 sedan. Car has 89k on it and seems to run great. Paid $7900 here in the Bay Area, California. Was wondering if I could get some help with my questions.

Looks like the previous owner:

1) Tinted the windows, which I'm not too crazy about. It makes the dash real dark while driving, especially the recessed speedometer.

2) Installed a Satellite antenna on the trunk lid.

The dash was also separated where it meets the top of radio display, and wasn't reattached tightly. Any common reason they would be digging around back there? Is this something that can be easily reattached?

We only got one flip key with the car. After doing some research it looks like I'll need two functioning transponder keys in order to program a 3rd myself. I've read posts where folks paid a locksmith to create a new plain transponder key. Can that key and the original flip key be used to self program another flip key?

Anything else problematic on this model that I should keep on the lookout for? I'll be catching up forum reading in the meantime.

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

The dash popping up is a known issue and many dealerships will fix it. See this thread- toward the end someone posted the actual service notice:
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...appearance-interior/13316-dash-popped-up.html

Only the dealer can make a 2nd key. A locksmith can cut one but it won't start the car. You can buy a used blank fob for around $30 and then pay the dealer to program which is around $100. Then when you have two you can program the third at home.

Reactions: Rdrokit
1 - 2 of 2 Posts