2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm Damir, as subject says i'm from Croatia. Currently proud owner of mazda 3(2006), in the upcoming months new mazda 3 will be bought.
Few doubts, sedan or hatch, which color to choose..

Projects to be done with big help from this forum:
1. Navigation installation
2. Rear camera installation

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hi Damir!

Welcome to the forum!

Hatch or Sedan? Which color to get ? In my opinion these decisions mainly depend on your style and personality and how you would like to project those characteristics on your new car. (In the end, the car we drive is the reflexion of ourselves, how we want others to perceive us)

I had the same doubts, especially beginning with which version to get, so I went with the hatchback, why? First of all, it looks sportier, it is 12cm shorter than the sedan (helps a lots when parking), more cubic feet cargo space on the trunk, overall more practical. I still love the sedan too but I don't regret one bit choosing the hatchback over the sedan :)

Which color?, now this is a tough one and as I said before it will depend mainly on what you like. Once again for me it was Titanium, I didn't choose Soul Red cause locally the dealership sells this color for an extra 800$ (Although it looks great). Black is not practical, gets dirty very easy and shows scratches more visibly (More maintenance, and absorbs more heat than any other color but is the best looking color in my opinion). I didn't choose white cause I thought it was boring in the beginning , although after checking and seeing many white Mazda's lately it has made me appreciate the color even more, and I would consider to buy a white car in the future. So why Titanium? In my opinion it looks sophisticated and modern, looks kind of brown, and with some good sun reflexion it has some kind of gold too, I just love the many different vibes it can give when it is sunny or cloudy or just under the city night lights :)

*In the end there is no golden rule, listen to yourself and get what you really want! Get what will really make you happy that's what matters! :)

I don't know if in Croatia the 2017 version is on sale yet, but I would take a look at the new Machine Grey Color (Probably extra too), it just looks amazing...

Regarding your future mods, look around the forum, they are how to guides to achieve what you are looking for, best of luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Davidval18
Thanks for sharing your opinion/advice.
I think that you've summed up things perfectly well, and you nailed it with this sentence:
"*In the end there is no golden rule, listen to yourself and get what you really want! Get what will really make you happy that's what matters!"

My first gut told me to get a hatch - sporty look with two exhaust pipes looks amazing.

Regarding the color, my first idea was also machine gray, here in Croatia it's in the same price range as soul red. Unfortunately I didn't had a chance to see it in person, but from videos I've seen it's a stunning color.
Second and third choice's are deep crystal blue and snowflake white.
I've watched tons of videos on youtube and still didn't decided, i guess i can't make a wrong decision, because every color suits perfectly for this car. :smile2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Damir, welcome from neighbour from Montenegro :)
A month ago i bought sedan version in machine grey color. Personally i prefer hatchbacks over sedans, but becouse now i'm family man and have kid, needed more trunck space for bags, strollers etc, so i decided to chose sedan. It was not hard choice becouse Mazda 3 in sedan variant is one of the best looking cars in the segment. I went for 2.0 120HP petrol engine in revolution pack. Only problem is long waiting period so the car will be here probably at the end of may. I think it's same situation in Croatia becouse we our dilers order form same distributer from Austria.
As goes for navigation, here i found everything needed to install it when my car arrives. If you need some more help you can pm me i be glad to halp what i can.
Best luck, greetings from Montenegro ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@stanisinjo
Congrats on a new car, good choice! ;-)
Yes, you are right, in Croatia all cars go trough Austria HQ also, and waiting period is min 3 months.
About the machine grey color, did you see in person how this color suits the car or it was "blind" decision?
From marketing videos I've saw it's a very nice looking color, maybe i'm a little bit biased because my current car's color is grey :)

About the navigation hack, here in Croatia dealer's are charging about 600€ for navigation, and i cant wait to install it myself with the cost of SD card only ;-)
Do you know are there any more DIY stuff like nav and rear view camera on mazda 3? I'll browse the forum to find out more..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't see it in person, it's new color, there aren't any at Montenegro. I was split between two special colors, machin grey and soul red, but since it new color, there won't be lot of it here, and at salon they told me that they were at Mazda 3 facelift presentation at Austria and that this new machin grey color was presented. They said that it gives more focus on car lines and curves, like that car is made from one part and that looks diferent from any angle (probably when car is perfectly clean). I didn't pay extra for it even it's special color, becouse Montenegro is small market and when i negotiate with them about car price i get nice discount overall. My only concern is how this color handle small scratches but time will tell.
For other DIY tuts out here there are few interesting beside navigation, like changing stereo sistem, instaling led lights as i remember and so on...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks stanisinjo, that's a valuable information. I was wondering why machine grey is expensive(in Cro) than the rest of the colors and that must be the reason.
I don't think you'll have problems with the scratches. So far i had a cars with blue, red and grey color, gray color was the most grateful one, regarding the cleaning/filth and scratches, so i think you are on the safe side ;-)

I've browsed the forums and there are interesting stuff, one i found very likely to be installed is AIO infotainment package, but i'm not sure should i play with this immediately or after i got bored :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts