2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Mazda 3 2016 Black edition for a few weeks. I don't have a button on the door handle like mentioned in other threads and have only been opening the door by pressing the button on the fob - i.e. it does not detect the key is in proximity and open the car. It does however lock the door supposedly when the key is no longer in close proximity.

Today the car locked me out. I had opened the car with the fob as usual and then put my workbag etc in the rear seat footwell and popped the key back in my bag as I don't need the key to start the car. Between closing the rear door and opening the driver door the car locked itself. With the key in it. So it can hardly say it wasn't within proximity.

Luckily I wasn't with the kids so there were no infants locked in but it was a bit of an emergency as everything was locked in the car - my house keys, mobile phone etc. Hubbie working away so I had to dash to a neighbours and phone my parents who had a spare key for my house to travel 45 mins up the motorway to help me get the spare car key out of the house to open the car.

Is it right that I don't have actual keyless entry but only keyless locking? If the car can detect the key moving away why can't it open when it recognizes the key being nearby?

Is there anything I can do to prevent being locked out of the car other than just turning off the auto lock feature? It is handy when my hands are full that the car locks itself but would rather it didn't do it randomly like today!

NB I had the battery changed by the dealer when I picked up the car as it was registering as low battery when I test drove it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd guess that putting the key in your bag blocked the signal. I turned off the auto locking feature the very day I bought the car.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My 2015 never did the auto lock and unlock with proximity. Its supposed to, just never worked. I honestly don't care, I'm happy hitting the button.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd guess that putting the key in your bag blocked the signal. I turned off the auto locking feature the very day I bought the car.
I once have the spare key in a luggage bag and put it in the trunk. It wont allow me to lock. So dont think the signal is block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts