2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Thank you @stevenvillatoro for finding and posting that video/written review. My favorite section from the very positive review is this one:

CNET said:
Better handling and a big-block four:

In typical Mazda3 fashion, my hatchback makes bombing through Pennsylvania's rolling mountainous terrain a grin-inducing affair. Around downhill bends, the 3 hangs on tight in both dry and damp conditions with minimal body roll. Steering response is immediate, providing quick turn-in, which is also helped with the addition of new standard G-Vectoring Control (GVC) software in certain situations.

Taking into account readings from throttle and steering sensors, GVC slightly reduces the engine's ignition spark to provide an unnoticeable amount of engine braking and shift weight to the front of the car. Loaded-up front tires provide a bigger contact patch and more front-end bite, enabling sharper turn-in.

Is this brief period of engine braking really not noticeable? Yes, I took back roads purposely trying to feel the technology at work, but the car's behavior seems perfectly natural.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's an unbalanced report with no mention of the Mazda 3's weak points especially poor levels of road noise.

·
Registered
290 Posts
What other car in this segment has significantly better noise levels?
A friend of mine has the new 16' Civic in base model form and it's much quieter than my car on the highway.
However, my car still has the yoko tires and are pretty worn so they are real loud.
Also, I don't know how much a difference the new sound deadening they added to the 17 3's made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts