2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying voice telling you you are in Canada etc when you get in the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is incredibly frustrating. If I have time I'm going to stop by the dealer today to get them to show me how to disable it. I can't figure it out.

When you enter the vehicle, it has audio that explains you've entered Canada and what the speed limits are in various roads and highways. It seems a bit intermittent, too. There's a few times it hasn't happened.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an information statement basically noting that you are in Canada (in my case) and that the speed limits in the roads and Hwys are so and so.
It doesn't seem like something that can be easily disabled and happens when you open the door for the first time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sales guys at the dealership we're not entirely helpful. They said they knew and that it was only affecting the premium package GTs. This got me looking at the navigation system. I've muted guidance in the navigation menu and haven't had the alert again. Could you verify this?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah the only thing I've found is to mute navigation guidance and that does work but I wonder if there will be an additional option in the future to address this as it did seem pretty annoying....

I have not played around with it too much but does the speed limit voice go away after a while or it's always there every time u enter the car?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have heard that some SD Nav Cards had their default "Position" as Mexico so until it got a GPS reading it could still Boot. If your card thinks it has just passed from "Outside" Canada to "Inside" it is reasonable to give you a warning. Seems like you card does not remember where you parked.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same problem for me ? I have 2019 Mazda 3 with premium package and the only solution that I found for this is to remove completely the SD card so no more voice. I contact Mazda Canada about this but nothing at this moment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my new 2019 Mazda 3 Sport GT AWD about 3 weeks ago and noticed the same thing. Every time I got in the car (well almost... it doesn't happen if I only get out for a few minutes) the Nav would announce the speed limits. After playing around with the settings, I eventually gave up and emailed the dealership.

I received a message back from them the next day saying they are aware of it and although it's "working as intended" Mazda is aware that's it's annoying and will be issuing a firmware update in a month or so to address it. In the meantime, they suggested muting the Nav.

I've muted the Nav and that seems to have made the problem go away for now.

John K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I picked up my new 2019 Mazda 3 Sport GT AWD about 3 weeks ago and noticed the same thing. Every time I got in the car (well almost... it doesn't happen if I only get out for a few minutes) the Nav would announce the speed limits. After playing around with the settings, I eventually gave up and emailed the dealership.

I received a message back from them the next day saying they are aware of it and although it's "working as intended" Mazda is aware that's it's annoying and will be issuing a firmware update in a month or so to address it. In the meantime, they suggested muting the Nav.

I've muted the Nav and that seems to have made the problem go away for now.

John K.
Good ? I gonna try this tomorrow! Thanks !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine doesn’t do it when I get in the car but I travel from Pennsylvania to New Jersey and back each day for work and every time I cross over mine starts telling me the speed limits for the state I just entered.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying voice telling you you are in Canada etc when you get in the car?
Yes, Mazda now has a fix for that annoying message. Had mine done yesterday by the dealer while getting the cylinder activation recall done. If you mute the Nav audio/volume, she doesn't work, but neither will the Nav guidance. The dealer will modify, no charge. Have to get our other one done next week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts