2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I posted in here but have a question. My 2010 3 (2.0L) touring just rolled over 29k miles and I have developed what sounds like either a squealing sound in 3rd through 5th gears (manual). It generally comes in around 2k right after I shift and let the clutch pedal all the way out and stays for a second or 2 after. If I slow down and let the rpm's drop below 2k, then accelerate, it brings it back. Sounds like it is coming from pass side. I am guessing a belt issue but not totally sure. Have any of you had issues with this?

I am scheduled for my oil change friday so I may have them take a look. I tried getting the noise to come back sitting in the driveway in neutral. took the rpm's all the way up to 4k but did not get it to make a noise.

Also, should I have them do the transmission flush while I have the car there for the oil change?

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
timing chain/tensioner, there is multiple threads on these, I'd search, I'm sure you will find info on these and should be under warranty, if not get it fixed.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
thanks. I will take a look around and see what I can come up with
No problem, these cars are known for this failure for some reason. A lot of people are having problems with is, does your car sound like a diesel at idle? There are some videos on here yo help you diagnose it as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem, these cars are known for this failure for some reason. A lot of people are having problems with is, does your car sound like a diesel at idle? There are some videos on here yo help you diagnose it as well.
It certainly does sound like a diesel. There have been times that I check to see if everything is in tact because it is so loud. Then there are times I wonder if the engine is even on!!! Even with the radio off I have gone a few times to turn the key only to realize its on already. Very bipolar engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts