2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

Since long time, im having a rattle sound from my front passenger side.. Ive looked and pressed everywhere, still the very annoying rattle persists when im driving.. I have to loud up the music to make me forget it..

Im surprised of such thing in a refined car as the mazda 3

has anyone experienced same or knows how i could dampen it?

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
If it's from the seat, try pushing the passenger seat cushion down & observe if it persists. If it stops, just stuff some folded cloth padding beween the seat cushion & the coils.:)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Are you hearing a ticking sound from the passenger side A pillar area?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My sunglass holder rattles with or without glasses. When it rattles it sounds like it comes from the front passenger door area.

Rule it out by leaving it open, that stops the rattle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes exactly.

i went to dealership today.

showed them this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5O4rg3Gcho

left the car there. seems they are aware of the flaw n hw to fix it, koz two other cars in the same batch as mine have had similar prob.

i will take car in evening. hope the issue gets resolved.

Ill post as soon as i take my car from the dealership.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
yes exactly.

i went to dealership today.

showed them this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5O4rg3Gcho

left the car there. seems they are aware of the flaw n hw to fix it, koz two other cars in the same batch as mine have had similar prob.

i will take car in evening. hope the issue gets resolved.

Ill post as soon as i take my car from the dealership.

They have a TSB for this so that's probably what they're going to do on your car. Hope it works out for you.

When I had the ticking noise I took it to the dealer and they tried fixing it multiple times, it goes away but comes back after a while. I ended up fixing it myself. Here's the thread if you're interested :)

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ved-dreaded-passenger-dash-ticking-sound.html

It worked for some people so you can give it a try if the TSB doesn't fix your noise. Been over a year and the noise hasn't come back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have a TSB for this so that's probably what they're going to do on your car. Hope it works out for you.

When I had the ticking noise I took it to the dealer and they tried fixing it multiple times, it goes away but comes back after a while. I ended up fixing it myself. Here's the thread if you're interested :)

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ved-dreaded-passenger-dash-ticking-sound.html

It worked for some people so you can give it a try if the TSB doesn't fix your noise. Been over a year and the noise hasn't come back.
Thanks loads lowincash :)

The dealership tld me yesterday they will give me a future appointment.

One thing though, they tld me they will have to remove the whole interior dash to solve the prob :O :surprise:

i believe they themselves they are not sure and only guessing. I more than certain if they remove whole interior trim and re-fit it back, there will be more creak sounds inside.. :frown2:

Im unsure of what to do.. I will passby the dealership again with a print-out of your solution lowincash..

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks loads lowincash :)

The dealership tld me yesterday they will give me a future appointment.

One thing though, they tld me they will have to remove the whole interior dash to solve the prob :O :surprise:

i believe they themselves they are not sure and only guessing. I more than certain if they remove whole interior trim and re-fit it back, there will be more creak sounds inside.. :frown2:

Im unsure of what to do.. I will passby the dealership again with a print-out of your solution lowincash..

The first time I went to the dealership, before the TSB came out, they took the whole dash apart and put wrap all the parts with felt or something. That didn't solve the issue. The TSB involves hammering parts of the body but that didn't help either lol

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
A fellow Mown3r added a strut bar & silenced the clicking. Bling, stiffener & click silencer in 1 mod? Might really depend on the metal contact location sources...:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noise Mazda 3 2016

Hi guys, Im recently bought a mazda 3 i touring 2016 4 months ago. since a couple of weeks a noise appears in the passenger side. I took to the dealer but they couldn't figure out what is the issue.

I record a video, from sec 51 you could hear the noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhlTSM8UXS8
:frown2::frown2::frown2:

Does anybody got a similar noise ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys, Im recently bought a mazda 3 i touring 2016 4 months ago. since a couple of weeks a noise appears in the passenger side. I took to the dealer but they couldn't figure out what is the issue.

It is 2 metals at a welding point which was not well soldered thats making
this ticking sound.

Send your car to the dealership.

My dealership kept my car for 1wk to to tests and determine where the 2 metals were ticking.

They eventually found it, and did the necessary.

Now i dont have this anoying sound.

This prob can be resolved friend .

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

If you've checked this thread, there's a link to another post where I posted my solution on how to fix this issue since the dealer wasn't able to fix it for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Annoying noise

I record a video, from sec 51 you could hear the noise

Did you resolve this noise? I have the same noise on my 2018 Mazda 3

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you resolve this noise? I have the same noise on my 2018 Mazda 3
I know this was a 2014 issue but i have one on my 18. It happens when cold or when the speaker is turned up so im quite sure its inside. Of course on the passenger side behind the glovebox

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,392 Posts
I had a similar issue..it turned out to be my keys in the center armrest.. Keep up the search and good luck.
CK

1 - 19 of 19 Posts