2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my Canadian 2017 updated from 441 to 504 at the dealership. I notice now when I plug my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the front USB ports the message on my phone about establishing an MTP connection to allow access to device data flashes over and over really fast, making it very difficult to make a selection. Before the upgrade the message would pop up every time I plugged my phone in but it would stay solid waiting for me to make a selection. Now it seems like the phone is being plugged in and out over and over and over rapidly. I have tried different USB cables so it's definitely not the cable, rather this seems to be something new since my firmware was updated.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with the flickering MTP prompt on my 2018 3 Sport GS. I've tried different USB cables to connect my Samsung Galaxy 7 phone. Basically I need to try to quickly tap on the confirmation prompt for MTP transfer as it flashes across the screen.
Any ideas how to fix?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, sorry for the long delay. I was on firmware 59.00.441 NA and did not have this issue. I requested the dealer to update me to the latest firmware at my last service appointment and I am now on 59.00.504 NA, which is where the issue first started.

I created a video so you can all see what's happening:

https://youtu.be/qmLOM5XTwO8

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe I'm a minority in terms of being extremely annoyed with this. Seems like a huge glitch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am on 59.00.504 EU and have a Samsung S8 with 8.0. I don't have this issue.
Did you try to change some settings on your phone? Try to change these settings, which are associated with the usb connection.
- Developer Options > USB debugging: try switching it off
- Developer Options > USB configuation : try "Charge this phone".

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am on 59.00.504 EU and have a Samsung S8 with 8.0. I don't have this issue.
Did you try to change some settings on your phone? Try to change these settings, which are associated with the usb connection.
- Developer Options > USB debugging: try switching it off
- Developer Options > USB configuation : try "Charge this phone".
Yes I have been using this as a solution. I have to change the configuration almost daily because I take photos with my phone for work and have to take them off the device the point is this didn't happen before the firmware upgrade. Is your USB configuration set up as charging or MTP?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Possibly relevant, I have cmu150_ADR_59.00.502A in my 2015 Mazda 6

Since updating to this version my Galaxy S7 has the same problem.
I do not wish to change to charge only to avoid this. Is there newer firmware to remove this? How have people gone with solutions?
I am just updating to latest firmware (March) on my phone to see if this resolves it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 Mazda 3 on firmware 59.00.441. I recently updated my S8 to android 8.0 oreo, and I have the same issue. I suspect its android 8.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just confirming - latest Android 7.0 Nougat (Galaxy S7) still has this issue - don't think it is my phone as no other USB connections cause the flashing.
Also tried multiple cables.

Hmm seems to be firmware related in the Car. - Hoping the latest ADR resolves it - if they ever release it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts