2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I updated my phone to Android Oreo 8.0.0, I have been having several issues with bluetooth in my 2016 Mazda 3.

It seems that I'm unable to control the phone via bluetooth from the car anymore.
So I cannot skip or go backwards on tracks with either the steering wheel controls or the on screen controls. I can't play or pause on screen either.
I cannot answer or hang up phone calls with the steering wheel or on screen. All of the above issues being extremely annoying. There are no other updates to my phone and I took it to the dealership to install the latest firmware on the car.

Only thing that seems to fix some issues is unpairing my phone and pairing them again. However, the next day I will have all the same issues again. Am I the only one experiencing anything like this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Pixel 2 with Android 8.1. No issues at all with firmware 59.00.504.

Enviado desde mi Pixel 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
In "unpairing" make sure to also completely remove the "mazda" from your phone's Bluetooth list and remove your phone from the car's Bluetooth list and completely start over the pairing process. Mazda definitely recommends clearing the former, particularly after a firmware upgrade. Also, would suggest another system reboot before the pairing process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts