2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had an email from Mazda UK telling me that Android auto is now available on any Mazda with MZD connect as an add-on (apple car play as well).
For the very unreasonable amount of £350, Inc VAT fitting and installation. (It's not lost on me that there is no fitting of anything involved here, it's just the installation of some software). I'd be interested to know what the equivalent cost is in the USA.

I would have been tempted, as yet again today I stupidly placed my trust in the in-built navigation and it delivered me to some random place 3 miles from where I should have been. And once again Google maps came to my rescue.
The in-built navigation is an utter piece of shite.
I for one will not buy another car that does not have Android auto.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI
My local Mazda dealership quoted US$500 to install the AA/CP kit on a brand new 2018 CX-5 Touring that I plan to purchase this weekend.
I didn't tell the salesperson that I got the kit for US$168 and installed on my M3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed Android Auto FREE

I installed Android Auto myself,which didnt cost me a penny. I downloaded this software called MZD_AIO_TI on my computer to customize the feature I want (including android auto and other UI stuff that you can play around with) and I plugged in the USB into my car, took like 20mins max , and I didnt have to take anything apart. it is so easy, just look up on youtube video. The only difference is that I have to plug my phone in every time I want to use it, other than it works great and touch screen works too!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I installed Android Auto myself,which didnt cost me a penny. I downloaded this software called MZD_AIO_TI on my computer to customize the feature I want (including android auto and other UI stuff that you can play around with) and I plugged in the USB into my car, took like 20mins max , and I didnt have to take anything apart. it is so easy, just look up on youtube video. The only difference is that I have to plug my phone in every time I want to use it, other than it works great and touch screen works too!
We love you Tammy...thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got prices of $350 and $400-$500 from 2 of my 3 local dealers. Even though the 2018 3s are supposed to be able to get it added for free according to internal Mazda emails. Looks like I will be doing this myself, or possibly not doing it at all. I haven't had it before now, I don't know what I am missing. lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got mine done here in Canada last month. For me the main benefit is that the USB port can keep my phone charged properly but i also use it for Waze in my car which is nice to have, I haven't had issues with it so far though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the AIO version, not super impressed as the audio streaming is choppy when using android auto. Seems like its pushing the CPU hard

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am extremely happy with the AIO version. I did notice sometimes music choppiness, not sure why its happening as it's not constant. I had it more with Waze than with Google Maps i think.

This is the only minor problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an appointment at my dealer to have Android Auto installed on my 2018 Mazda 3. The quoted cost is $500. I have some gift certificates from Mazda that expire next month that will cover most of the cost.

Cost in Canada for the Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay upgrade is reportedly $445.

https://www.auto123.com/en/news/apple-carplay-android-auto-available-older-mazdas/65100/

Some Mazda dealers in the US have indicated the Android Auto update will be performed on the 2018 Mazda 6 Touring trim and above at no cost.

https://www.smailmazda.com/blogs/2516/apple-carplay-and-android-auto-availability-for-2018-mazda6/

"Owners of 2018 Mazda6 Touring, Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve and Signature models should reach out and schedule an appointment with their local Mazda dealerships starting in September to have the upgrade service performed at no extra cost. The hardware and software updates take approximately two service hours to perform."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Better to get it free through AIO Mazda Tweaks IMO. You can take away the touchscreen lock which is quite useful for android auto - although I've found that I finally have a use for the Voice Activation button on my steering wheel!

2016 Mazda, having absolutely no issues with the Android Auto. Controlling it mostly with my voice, spotify songs/playlist and google maps all working a treat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts