2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background: I'm on firmware version 55.00.753. Up until last week everything was working great. Then Android Auto started to disconnect from my phone. So I tried to update to version 2.8.5. Now all I see is this

I've tried to downgrade to 2.8.3 and 2.8.4 and still couldn't get it to connect to the headunit.
I tried to remove a big text file that had left /tmp with zero bytes free. The file is gone but didn't help. The file was "Log.txt_00.log" if anyone cares.
I looked in /var/log, and the only interesting thing in there was something called "running_log". I also is a "ps" to see what processes were running.

I've attached the running_log. I had to make the output of the ps into a PDF file, otherwise the forum software wouldn't upload it.
Any ideas what is missing or what is going wrong?

Attachments

• Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    325.6 KB Views: 32
  • Image uploading. Refresh page to view
    22.1 KB Views: 13

·
Registered
81 Posts
@Radarwild Just tried it, and it was a complete fail. Neither version did anything.
Ok thanks for testing, but i think to minimize your problem is 1st is your phone Android or apple? 2nd if andriod have u install the latest apps of AA & google maps on your phone. 3rd update your mazda cmu to fw59+ but below fw70. Provided make sure that u already got id7v1 or id7v2 install on your current fw55 it should work, else u have to do serial connection etc. 4th your fw55 causing conflicts with HUD is the issue at hand which causes the crashes and non loading screen. Update fw and try again. Folllow update fw to the wording else u will risk of bricking your cmu. Iam not responsible for your cmu failure/bricking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Radarwild Thanks for taking the time to help. The problem is that the "_StartConnectReady: Can't connect to headunit" problem in the CMU, which is independent from the phone. I'm on firmware 55. I've done the AIO install, but I don't know how to update the firmware.

·
Registered
81 Posts
@Radarwild Thanks for taking the time to help. The problem is that the "_StartConnectReady: Can't connect to headunit" problem in the CMU, which is independent from the phone. I'm on firmware 55. I've done the AIO install, but I don't know how to update the firmware.
Have u try a different usb cable? Is it the original cable? Because some cable cannot transmit data only for charging.
Fw for na HiDrive read all cmu fw update pdf file to the wording before doing anything to your cmu. Make sure u use fat32 formatted usb stick and no larger than 16gb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have u try a different usb cable? Is it the original cable? Because some cable cannot transmit data only for charging.
Fw for na HiDrive read all cmu fw update pdf file to the wording before doing anything to your cmu. Make sure u use fat32 formatted usb stick and no larger than 16gb.
Thank you! I will have to try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, I have the same issue. Did you found a way to solve it?
Try this AA v1.12 mod and see if it works for u.

https://easyupload.io/asarh6 v1.12 end call button switch audio focus, hold it down 2sec to return to mazda main screen or hold back button down. *Fav button to pause/resume AA audio.

Make sure u have the latest apps of AA and Google maps on your phone and clear their caches. Make sure phone device have developers mode enable and in AA apps too. Check usb cable can transfer data.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try this AA v1.12 mod and see if it works for u.

https://easyupload.io/asarh6 v1.12 end call button switch audio focus, hold it down 2sec to return to mazda main screen or hold back button down. *Fav button to pause/resume AA audio.

Make sure u have the latest apps of AA and Google maps on your phone and clear their caches. Make sure phone device have developers mode enable and in AA apps too. Check usb cable can transfer data.
Hi, I tried with your AA version without success. I have the last version of AA and Google apps, cache are clean, delevoper mode ON in all places and I tried with more than 3 usb cables.
Like I said before in the AIO main post, the "can´t connect" issue appears when I turn on the vehicle. No matters if a phone its connected or not. That never happened to me with AIO 2.8.4, so something is wrong with 2.8.5. I was using AA (2.8.4) few days ago without problems.

By the way, how can I unninstall your AA version? Its possible with the AIO unninstalling tweak?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, I tried with your AA version without success. I have the last version of AA and Google apps, cache are clean, delevoper mode ON in all places and I tried with more than 3 usb cables.
Like I said before in the AIO main post, the "can´t connect" issue appears when I turn on the vehicle. No matters if a phone its connected or not. That never happened to me with AIO 2.8.4, so something is wrong with 2.8.5. I was using AA (2.8.4) few days ago without problems.

By the way, how can I unninstall your AA version? Its possible with the AIO unninstalling tweak?
Make a usb tweaks of Uninstall all tweaks in your mazda infotainment systems using v2.8.5 by manually selecting all the red squares in the application and let it run to the end of uninstallation process in your car. Once done, just reinstall the AA v1.12 only and test it. U need a clean install. Thats should solve your problem. I used to have this issue in the past. That's the way to fix it.

By the way, what fw version are you running?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Make a usb tweaks of Uninstall all tweaks in your mazda infotainment systems using v2.8.5 by manually selecting all the red squares in the application and let it run to the end of uninstallation process in your car. Once done, just reinstall the AA v1.12 only and test it. U need a clean install. Thats should solve your problem. I used to have this issue in the past. That's the way to fix it.

By the way, what fw version are you running?
I uninstall 3 tweak (including your AA version) with the AIO 2.8.5.
After that, I installed again your AA version and the issue still appears.

I have the FW 56.0.230 eu. I always use this FW with all AIO versions without problems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I uninstall 3 tweak (including your AA version) with the AIO 2.8.5.
After that, I installed again your AA version and the issue still appears.

I have the FW 56.0.230 eu. I always use this FW with all AIO versions without problems.
In this case it could either be your fw is not compatible anymore and require an upgrade to fw59 for v1.12. Or have u try completely uninstall google map/AA on your phone and reinstall to the latest version and install again dont forget to enable developers mode. Also try clear cache for play store and google play service as well. Then reconnect phone device. Check all cables/wires of the back of your cmu are connected or fuse box that there are no blown fuse clusters for your usb aux etc that could be your problem too. Dashcam blown fuse cause issues with cmu in another thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In this case it could either be your fw is not compatible anymore and require an upgrade to fw59 for v1.12. Or have u try completely uninstall google map/AA on your phone and reinstall to the latest version and install again dont forget to enable developers mode. Also try clear cache for play store and google play service as well. Then reconnect phone device.
Hi, I'm sure the issue come from the AIO/AA side because the issue appears when I turn on the car and check the Android Auto menu in the CMU. I did with a smartphone connected and without it. So the usb cable, developers options, apps cache or updates have nothing to do here (I did all anyways).
The next step, like you said, is update FW. But I saw post with users in the same FW like me and AA works perfect. So I can't see the point of that.

Do you know if its possible clear CMU cache or something similar like a hard reset?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, I'm sure the issue come from the AIO/AA side because the issue appears when I turn on the car and check the Android Auto menu in the CMU. I did with a smartphone connected and without it. So the usb cable, developers options, apps cache or updates have nothing to do here (I did all anyways).
The next step, like you said, is update FW. But I saw post with users in the same FW like me and AA works perfect. So I can't see the point of that.

Do you know if its possible clear CMU cache or something similar like a hard reset?
There is a hard reset option in your mazda infotainment in settings but before u do that i would strongly recommend you to uninstall everything use v2.8.5 and tick all the red squares manually regardless u only install 1 or 3 tweaks this to ensure everything is cleared else u will highly risk a mazda logo boot loop indefinitely or worse case a brick cmu (which has happened more than often to people cmu). Then do the mzd reset option, but check all fuses/cables first relating to usb/cmu/dashcam/aux etc they could be loose. A faulty "cant connect" process could be electrical not software related.

If nothing else works then you're due for a fw update to fw59, make sure u got id7v1 installed prior upgrading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a hard reset option in your mazda infotainment in settings but before u do that i would strongly recommend you to uninstall everything use v2.8.5 and tick all the red squares manually regardless u only install 1 or 3 tweaks this to ensure everything is cleared else u will highly risk a mazda logo boot loop indefinitely or worse case a brick cmu (which has happened more than often to people cmu). Then do the mzd reset option, but check all fuses/cables first relating to usb/cmu/dashcam/aux etc they could be loose. A faulty "cant connect" process could be electrical not software related.

If nothing else works then you're due for a fw update to fw59, make sure u got id7v1 installed prior upgrading.
I'm in the same position here. I'm on firmware v55 and cannot get AA 1.12 to work. What is can confirm is that I've reverted to v1.09 that I found in the archived page. This works and launches however it has the old issue where it randomly crashes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in the same position here. I'm on firmware v55 and cannot get AA 1.12 to work. What is can confirm is that I've reverted to v1.09 that I found in the archived page. This works and launches however it has the old issue where it randomly crashes.
What u can do is keep all the install files of v1.09 but just replace its headunit file only in the usb with my AA v1.12 headunit mod version https://easyupload.io/asarh6 and stick it into your car's usb let it install and see if that works for u? Let me know how u go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will stay out a couple of days so I can´t try anything until next monday. I will keep an eye on the forums ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I had exact problem on my car, cars app was always displaying "Can't connect to headunit process", i tried mutiple reinstallations of AA 1.2 in the car without luck.
It turns out that my /tmp/ folder was having just a couple of MB left, I SSH'd to it and deleted all old bz2 log file dumps in /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps folder , someone here in forum pointed at that as it helped me.

So i would recommend that you first try running command
Code:
df -h
and check state of your /tmp partition, if its neary full then there is your problem.
I uninstalled AA 1.2 from CMU, connected to SSH and ran the command
Code:
rm -r /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/*.bz2
After that reinstalled AA 1.2, and everything worked perfectly. Also no random crashes anymore 😁

1 - 20 of 51 Posts